Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I want to improve my low speed skills like tight U-turns and other traffic useful manoeuvres. I already trained these on smaller bikes but need some practice on my CB. This type of training comes with higher risk of dropping the bike and I'm looking at the options available to protect the motor and frame in these situations.

The more easily available for me and the ones that seems to offer the best protection/look ratio are the ones from SW Motech but I struggle finding revews from them. My concern is that they only mount on 2 bolts and are not connected together eve though they wrap around towards the radiator.

Anyone has used them and has any feedback? Alternatives that I might have missed?

Thanks and ride safe

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a set of those, but haven't crashed on them. I also haven't had the balls to lay it down in the driveway or something to see how well they actually protect.

But the bolts are BEEFY. The bars will bend easily before the bolts, front one is something like a M12 socket head, and the rear is an M10.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just got off the bike this morning and I was kinda testing them. If I put my feet where they're supposed to be on the pegs (balls of my feet) I don't touch the bars at all. Nor when I move my feet to brake or shift.

But I have a bad habit of putting my heels on the pegs, which is when my shins just barely touch the bars.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great thanks for the Infos. I should be fine as unless I'm operating the controls, I've the ball of my feet on the pegs.
I think I'll order them. I'll let you know if I find the courage to lay down the motorcycle gently on them (nope) :)

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts