Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

So my bike now has just under 300miles on it and I like it more and more. Though recently I’ve noticed a little click in my clutch in the first 1/4 of pull. It does it like 1 out of 5 or 10 times. It doesn’t do it at all when the bike is off so it’s not anything with the lever or clutch cable. Any one else experience this?

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
544 Posts
Hey all

So my bike now has just under 300miles on it and I like it more and more. Though recently I’ve noticed a little click in my clutch in the first 1/4 of pull. It does it like 1 out of 5 or 10 times. It doesn’t do it at all when the bike is off so it’s not anything with the lever or clutch cable. Any one else experience this?
If you're feeling it in your clutch lever, that's because of the slipper/assist clutch, it's normal. CBR1000RRs do the same thing.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
544 Posts
Ah cool. Yeah only in the lever and not every time.
The pressure plate and the boss have ramps that drive the clutch together when power is applied so the clutch doesn't slip. These ramps allow for fewer and or lighter clutch springs so that the lever requires less effort to pull.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you're feeling it in your clutch lever, that's because of the slipper/assist clutch, it's normal. CBR1000RRs do the same thing.
Hi there
I´m new here. I came just because that clutch click. My cb Is currently with 57 700 Km and does that noise. I`m more relief knowing It´s normal on the model.

Good Rides
Stay safe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts