Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals, wow, I have done research, but for the life of me, I have never seen a setup such as my neo sports cafe when it comes to tightening the chain....no tools etc...besides, the pin spinner, which I need to buy.... how to you actually loosen the two bearing holder pinch bolts...with allen keys I suppose but I can't seem to get at them...Do I need to take off the fender or license plate holder? which again, is hard to get at....any help would be apreciated....have owned 15 or so bikes over the years, and I can't believe I can't even adjust my own chain....thx and cheers...

·
Registered
Cb1000R NSC +
6 Posts
I've just bought one of these and when looking at the chain adjustment, I could see it would be tricky. I asked the dealer before buying it, and they said 'bring it in to us to do". Which is very kind - but I feel I should at least be able to adjust a chain! I'm thinking of removing the number plate hanger and getting a tail tidy, which should make it a similar job to any other single sided bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did the adjustment for the first time yesterday. I find it much simpler and quicker than on a double sided swing arm.
There is no need to remove the fender.
Remember a torque wrench when tightening. 27 Nm

·
Registered
Cb1000R NSC +
6 Posts
Thanks CBDK

It didn't end up that difficult after all. I have the same long allen bolt. No problems. I think the dealer suggesting to take it in to them, made me think it would be worse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts