Honda CB1000R Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm just done the road from Leeds but is my home town
First thought was "hey, I've been to Leeds Castle." Had to google to see if the castle is even in Leeds. So, I'm not sure if I was ever in Leeds or not. It would have been in '79 as part of a high school trip sponsored by the English department from the American School of the Hague where I graduated. Spent a week in London then seeing places like the Globe Theater, the home of Shakespeare, and, anything literature related.

Years later, while in the Army and stationed in Wiesbaden, GE, I would return. This time with a different theme. Silverstone GP in '86. That was a really cool three-day weekend there. The cops literally locked the gate to not let anyone out, but hey it was really cool party with all the race goers. That would be the last motorcycle GP race at Silverstone for quite a while as you are aware.

·
Registered
156 Posts
First thought was "hey, I've been to Leeds Castle." Had to google to see if the castle is even in Leeds. So, I'm not sure if I was ever in Leeds or not. It would have been in '79 as part of a high school trip sponsored by the English department from the American School of the Hague where I graduated. Spent a week in London then seeing places like the Globe Theater, the home of Shakespeare, and, anything literature related.

Years later, while in the Army and stationed in Wiesbaden, GE, I would return. This time with a different theme. Silverstone GP in '86. That was a really cool three-day weekend there. The cops literally locked the gate to not let anyone out, but hey it was really cool party with all the race goers. That would be the last motorcycle GP race at Silverstone for quite a while as you are aware.
Leeds Castle is down at the other end of the Country in kent, strange I know. If you Google Leeds, Yorkshire you will find it. The GP is a bit boring these days they stop you from partying in the camp sites. My parents will have been at that race which was a few years before I was born. Sorry if that makes you feel old. Haha. The Isle of man TT is the place for a party.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Here's a picture of the stand being used on the left side.

It's not as simple a my Power stands for a double arm swingarm. This one takes an t-handle hex key for the cap screw that goes in from the right side when using the steel pin. To use the stand on the right side the aluminum pin is inserted from the right and a simple washer and wing nut keep it engaged with the wheel. Use the left steel pin if the wheel has to be removed.

The slender gold tube is used to prevent the wheel from spinning. The CB's brake caliper is in the way. I would not use it anyway.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The slender gold tube is used to prevent the wheel from spinning.
Yeah, not sure why anyone would not want the wheel to spin if they lifted it off the ground. Is the handle reversible so that it's pointed behind the wheel?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yeah, not sure why anyone would not want the wheel to spin if they lifted it off the ground. Is the handle reversible so that it's pointed behind the wheel?
Yes. Three bolts and it can be reconfigured. Also, the whole stand can be used on the right side with the larger diameter aluminum pin (standing up in the photo). Then, the handle trails the stand and wheel. It's a trip hazard to me and the wheel cannot be removed when used.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Before I bought mine I asked what the $30 extra pin was for and I was told that for this bike I just needed it (if you look at their site this might be the ONLY bike to need an extra pin). I was never sure which of the two was extra. I don't see a need for the long yellow one as the one being used in the picture will allow the wheel to be removed and it allows the wheel to spin for chain clean/lube. @Lightring do you see when you would ever use the longer rod?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Before I bought mine I asked what the $30 extra pin was for and I was told that for this bike I just needed it (if you look at their site this might be the ONLY bike to need an extra pin). I was never sure which of the two was extra. I don't see a need for the long yellow one as the one being used in the picture will allow the wheel to be removed and it allows the wheel to spin for chain clean/lube. @Lightring do you see when you would ever use the longer rod?
It's definitely not the best adaption and marketing plan for a stand. The yellow aluminum pin does not require any tools to put in place so the convenience is there. I suppose I should give it a try, but with where I need the CB parked in the garage, I'll keep using the short steel pin. Maybe some day though.

Having a local machine shop make a pin might not be too costly. I see now that the T-Rex website is showing the '18-'19 pins are out of stock. I'll be watching to see what happens.

Edited: Looks like the gold stand is out of stock. Those could be made to order stands.

2nd edit: There is also an aluminum black hat bushing that is included and not shown in the T-Rex website photos. That bushing has to be used with the steel pin. It comes with an M8 cap screw to thread into the steel pin. This keeps the bike on the pin @guycnicholas

·
Registered
21 Posts
2nd edit: There is also an aluminum black hat bushing that is included and not shown in the T-Rex website photos. That bushing has to be used with the steel pin. It comes with an M8 cap screw to thread into the steel pin. This keeps the bike on the pin @guycnicholas
I used mine without using that cap thing as I figured I am just doing things like washing it, or chain "stuff". If I removed the wheel I would probably use the cap.

I don't suppose you know which of the two pins is the one that cost the extra $30 do you?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I used mine without using that cap thing as I figured I am just doing things like washing it, or chain "stuff". If I removed the wheel I would probably use the cap.

I don't suppose you know which of the two pins is the one that cost the extra $30 do you?
Couple of thoughts, but I'd suspect the aluminum yellow pin and hardware are the additional parts for $30. Question I don't have an answer to is "what pin does the VRF Nighthawk NT650 come with?"

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Last week after receiving my stand, I mentioned to T-Rex that the two pins ought to thread into each other. This eliminates a need for a tool.

Check it out.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts