52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked it up Halloween 2020 in IL.

On the trailer and headed to the house.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And, at the CB's new home with other family members.

Zero miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First item ordered is the tail cowl. Bought it from WeBike in Japan. Only took about a week to get here and was installed for the first ride.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also installed a Delkevic 14" cf slip-on and some Evotech bumpers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After the first ride, I needed to open up the riding position triangle.

Picked up some Knight Design foot rests to help with the hip joints.

Bar risers from Revzilla.

Mounting and hard wiring for the Garmin 395LM too. Always like viewing the map and not focusing on the navigation. Also, zoomed-in I can see what to expect around blind curves or over a hill.

·
Registered
141 Posts
does your right heel rub against the muffler with the lowered foot pegs??
i didn't change 'em for that reason only.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
does your right heel rub against the muffler with the lowered foot pegs??
i didn't change 'em for that reason only.
Ya know, I haven't noticed if it does.

Just went and checked. No indication and I believe the elliptical shape of the Delkevic reduces the likelihood. Still, if I rotate my foot off the brake pedal about an inch, the heel might contact the mounting band.

Some pictures.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
How does the Delkevic sound? I had a pair on my 919 and a stubby one on my Concours and I liked them.
Not quiet like some of the high-dollar slip-ons I heard while searching the web. This Delkevic is in the middle ground without the baffle and that's how I run it. There's definitely four cylinder sounds emitting at wot.

I had a similar Delkevic on my former C14 and that proved it's reliability to me. I was concerned for the cf over time, but all was well for over 40k+ miles.

·
Registered
2019 Honda CB1000R
24 Posts
Congratulations. I picked up the same bike a few months ago to accompany my goldwing. I will be following you as i'm also interested in enlarging the rider triangle.. At 6'1 with a 33" inseam things get a bit cramped. I am leaning towards a rear seat cowl and will inquire with WEB BIKE if Honda doesn't offer one soon.

Thanks and please stop by my youtube channel where I vlog aboard my 2019 CB1000R and my 2018 Goldwing DCT TOUR AIrbag.
See link to my CB1000R playlist below. Enjoy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congratulations. I picked up the same bike a few months ago to accompany my goldwing. I will be following you as i'm also interested in enlarging the rider triangle.. At 6'1 with a 33" inseam things get a bit cramped. I am leaning towards a rear seat cowl and will inquire with WEB BIKE if Honda doesn't offer one soon.

Thanks and please stop by my youtube channel where I vlog aboard my 2019 CB1000R and my 2018 Goldwing DCT TOUR AIrbag.
See link to my CB1000R playlist below. Enjoy.

Nice. My next bike added will be a Goldwing. I'm suspecting it will be my last bike purchase. Eye-balling the possibility of adding a side-car to the 'wing down the road. I had to open up the seating triangle for the CB not because of height; but, because of a hip. I've run my adult life and it may be taking its toll now. Now, I walk on the treadmill as of this year. Get the red seat cowl before they are gone.

·
Registered
156 Posts
IMG_20210102_110910.jpg

Not much chance of a new year ride here in Yorkshire. Need a sledge not a van to deliver my post. Still like a proper postie I've got my shorts on. Bike looks great brightnes up the grey day

1 - 20 of 33 Posts