Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
looks like some very nice engineering there and many hours spent fitting things in. Is it your own work ?.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Impressive!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks like some very nice engineering there and many hours spent fitting things in. Is it your own work ?.[/
Thanks it has taken a lot of hours so far. it is all my own work apart from the billet plenum witch was made by warp speed racing just waiting for a few more parts then can see if she starts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Dazzauk just a curious question which hotside pipe configuration have you decided to go with the 2nd to last photo or the last photo

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Both the one with the o2 sensor in is the main pipe and the other is the external waste gate ill take a pic and put up

·
Registered
97 Posts
ok now i see what you have done (not used to seeing an external waste gate and screamer pipe as the turbo setups i see use an internal wastegate and are plumbed through the exhaust)
and ya it will be loud
have you though of routing the screamer pipe back into the exhaust

that should be a little on the crazy side to ride

·
Registered
476 Posts
A company made a supercharger kit for the 1st Gen zx10s back in the day. I alway thought one woukd look sick in the side of my CB1K and fix all my power complaints.

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
Being a coded TIG welder by trade.

Have you back purged the headers with argon to keep the pipe internals clean and smooth to assist with gas flow, or did you deem it unnecessary ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea I did back purge all the stainless pipe but please don't look too hard I only brought a tig welder 8 months ago

·
Registered
164 Posts
WOW thats amazing, I have never been good at welding, or hands on projects. For only 8 months using the MiG welder you did an outstanding job. As someone else posted, please make a user friendly kit for the ones of us that are not mechanically inclined. Would love to see the video of that bad bot once you get it done. Just amazing!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Should be able to try start it in about 3 weeks just waiting on a map sensor and a scavenge pump will post a video on you tube

1 - 20 of 31 Posts