Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching the web for the oem radiator guard for my 2019 CB1000R. I did message Honda directly and they told me it's been discontinued. I did find the guard available on Amazon recently and hope it's not a scam. I will post an update once it's received (mid November). The oem part number is 64511-MKJ-D10.

· Super Moderator
2019 CB1000R
1,906 Posts
I've been searching the web for the oem radiator guard for my 2019 CB1000R.
Do you mean it's an official Honda accessory? In the US the 2019 was not shipped with a radiator guard. I installed this:
Automotive parking light Grille Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honda texted me back stating that the part # listed above was no longer available. I did find some overseas sights that claimed to have the oem guard but stupid expensive. Recently I searched again and Amazon had it. I skimmed the background and he claims that he paid Honda for the molds? The picture looks like the oem. I am giving it a try and if it's a scam Amazon have always come through for me to refund my money. I really was looking for that guard if oem is not available.

· Registered
2022 Black Edition
86 Posts
Just bear in mind when/if you do order one to get the correct year. Mine is a 2022 and I assumed the rad guards would fit all the years because they do ‘look’ the same (like Edwood maybe?). They aren‘t. I nearly got the wrong one too. I fitted the Evotech make and was very pleased with it for fit & quality. Got it off eBay.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a radiator guard for the non black version if you want it. Been sitting around since I bought the wrong one for about a year....
Thank you very much for the offer. I won't know if the one I ordered from Amazon is the correct one for a few weeks as its coming from overseas. The one I ordered is the 2018 to 2020 guard and is stainless steel. The guard is more looks than function but I really like the way it dresses up the radiator. If the guard from Amazon is the wrong item and you still have it I will contact you and you can let me know how much you want for it. I don't know if it is a problem for you as I live in Southern California USA. Thank you again for reaching out to me!

· Registered
12 Posts
Thank you very much for the offer. I won't know if the one I ordered from Amazon is the correct one for a few weeks as its coming from overseas. The one I ordered is the 2018 to 2020 guard and is stainless steel. The guard is more looks than function but I really like the way it dresses up the radiator. If the guard from Amazon is the wrong item and you still have it I will contact you and you can let me know how much you want for it. I don't know if it is a problem for you as I live in Southern California USA. Thank you again for reaching out to me!
Let me know and you can just pay postage if you need it.

Cheers

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Cheers

Cheers
Edwood, do you still have the radiator guard? The amazon radiator guard is not the oem model. I realize it's been a while but I just now went to mount the guard and realized it's a knock off. If you no longer have it no worries as I greatly appreciated in your offering to send me the guard in the first place. If you still have the guard and you are able to help me out let me know how I can pay you for the guard. I know you wanted me to pay for shipping but I would rather send you a hundred dollars to pay for shipping and your time. If the amount is not enough let me know how much you want for the part. Thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts