Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent 5 days touring around Brittany on the CB & it was excellent.
Better on Juice than my mates fully faired Bandit 1250GT!

Managed to fit on a 32L Top Box, Kriega 20L Tank Bag & Kriega 35L Rucksack.

The MRA touring screen was a Godsend for hours on the Expressways 200kmph++

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,583 Posts
Re: CB100R - Perfect for Touring

Didn't now they made a cb100r :emb , surely it can't be very fast but yes good on fuel :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Gargy - I had the rucksack as far up my back as it would comfortably go & it just cleared the topbox.

Mind you I am 6'5" so short asses may find it a bit of a 'wedge'

The topbox was a real asset for safely storing my helmet, gloves etc whilst doing the tourist walkabouts en route.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Been thinking about a screen... That one reminds me of a Klingon's forehead.

·
Registered
111 Posts
indeed perfect for touring!

This is how me and the missus (on her street triple) went on my summer holiday, 3,5 weeks with all the camping gear: big 4pers.tent, 2 person airbed, chairs, foldable table, cooking gear, small bbq, clothes, shoes, electricity cable, light etc

No probs at all, even with full tank bag, ortlieb roll and givi case the bike handled perfect.

Bas

Attachments

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
nickm said:
With that amount of luggade you could have gone for six months!!
Wish i only took the tank bad the box was for the beers :guinness

·
Premium Member
4,583 Posts
How come you took the drain pipe :) , maybe cos you get wet in the rain and use it to re-direct the water :laugh ;)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
jon.f said:
How come you took the drain pipe :) , maybe cos you get wet in the rain and use it to re-direct the water :laugh ;)
? :notme

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
roofer said:
jon.f said:
? :notme

If you look at your 1st set of pics, there's one that looks like the garage down pipe is strapped to your back.... or at least thats wot i think was meant! :thumbup

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Cant believe you forgot the kitchen sink!!!! thats some packing on those bikes!!!! well done mate :thumbup

bascanvas said:

This is how me and the missus (on her street triple) went on my summer holiday, 3,5 weeks with all the camping gear: big 4pers.tent, 2 person airbed, chairs, foldable table, cooking gear, small bbq, clothes, shoes, electricity cable, light etc

No probs at all, even with full tank bag, ortlieb roll and givi case the bike handled perfect.

Bas

·
Registered
111 Posts
clem71 said:
Cant believe you forgot the kitchen sink!!!! thats some packing on those bikes!!!! well done mate :thumbup

bascanvas said:

Bas
Thanx mate!

Like i said, a lot of luggage but no probs with the handling of the bike and we dit cover a lot of miles, and mountain passes with it. When we rode the Schwarzalder Hochstrasse on the way back home my rear tire looked like i had been on the track!!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
You plonker Rodney the down pipes on Nyloz back not mine :rolleyes

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Gascan said:
roofer said:
2 weeks in the south of France no problem :thumbup
Hey Roofer, what is that top box held on by? looks like it is just perched on the seat.
Givi monolock base plate bolted to seat ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts