Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had chain tighted after 120 miles. And now just before 600 miles Frist service due it needs doing again?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealers done it then I took a pic where it should be and now it's loose again I do trash it.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
237 Posts
The dealers done it then I took a pic where it should be and now it's loose again I do trash it.
How loose? Is the chain stretched evenly or does it have loose, tight spots? FYI, that's the same sized chain that's on the SC77.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How loose? Is the chain stretched evenly or does it have loose, tight spots? FYI, that's the same sized chain that's on the SC77.
On Cb it sits pretty loose but when honda tighted it if you press it up midway it sits away from the guard at moment all of it is touching. I'll post pick after honda tighted it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I first noticed it after 120 miles it was really loose to the point you could slightly hear it but honda said it wasn't very loose but needing doing.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
237 Posts
When I first noticed it after 120 miles it was really loose to the point you could slightly hear it but honda said it wasn't very loose but needing doing.
Check the label on the swingarm or the spec in the manual for proper slack. I've had a 2014 CB and now a 2019 CB, so I'm aware of chain slack.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
237 Posts
One way to inspect the chain is by lifting the rear wheel. You rotate the wheel and notice if the bottom side of the chain rises and falls as you rotate the wheel at a constant rate. If it does, then it's unevenly stretched.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
They all stretch noticeable when new. Mine needed adjustments before and after 600 miles. I've now done about 15k and only needed to adjust it 2 more times since then ... 4x in all.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yep, mine keeps on stretching too, I'm at about 7k miles and I've had mine done twice, probably have them do it as part of the service thats coming up soon.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
237 Posts
Yep, mine keeps on stretching too, I'm at about 7k miles and I've had mine done twice, probably have them do it as part of the service thats coming up soon.
All chains stretch over time but at different rates depending on how they're ridden and how they're maintained.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tools needed to do the adjustment I have the stand. Just need to know the heads and contraption to reach in there.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
237 Posts
Tools needed to do the adjustment I have the stand. Just need to know the heads and contraption to reach in there.
6mm

Honda Pin Spanner

And if you don't have the exact length of ratchet extensions, you might have to remove the wheel to get to the pinch bolts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts