Honda CB1000R Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
What kind of hobo Honda dealer is this?
LOL, come down here to South Mississippi if you want to see some seriously hobo dealers. We have an abundance. XD
Hanging the bike is a great method that I've used many times. Nothing weird there, especially when I'm working on the front end. Head stands are constantly in the way and are utterly useless when you need to remove the triple tree.
Doser laid his own bike over and was the one in the pic working on it. Don's a doer, a problem solver. I don't remember what the situation was, but he had a good reason for doing it that way.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
A forklift is basically mandatory for powersports dealers. When everything you sell comes in a huge metal crate, you really need one.

In the voice of Jeff Foxworthy: If you don't have room for a forklift in the service area, you might be a ******* dealer. :p

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Jesus Christ....I hate stupid nanny state bullshit. This website censored red-neck. Fuck head or cock sucker is fine, red-neck, not so much. Makes perfect sense. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
449 Posts
A forklift is basically mandatory for powersports dealers. When everything you sell comes in a huge metal crate, you really need one.
Yup, but it's usually parked in the warehouse. I guess if a dealership is focused on sales and not much service, they could just keep a tech in the warehouse :LOL:
I watched my last two bikes being uncrated

I was the first in Texas to get one

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Jesus Christ....I hate stupid nanny state bullshit. This website censored red-neck. Fuck head or cock sucker is fine, red-neck, not so much. Makes perfect sense. 🙄🙄🙄🙄
:cautious: FFS why is there so much censorship in America? You'd think it was run by fucking puritans.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Selective outrage, virtue signaling, focusing on immutable characteristics instead of merits, rampant authoritarianism...it's the new way. Assimilate or be cancelled.

Welcome to hell, bitch!

·
Registered
2013 CB100R White
1,673 Posts
... all done on long trips when I unexpectedly burned out a rear tire. it's pretty easy to get a shop to mount a new tire, especially if are buying it from them. it's much tougher to find enough shop time in the busy season for them to do the full remove > unmount > remount > reinstall job. so, since I always carry enough tools on long trips to do pretty much anything, I just do the re and re myself, and the shop does the mounting. I know, I know - I should be less optimistic about my tire life... but I try to save a few bucks for fuel, motels, and a bottle of wine...

·
Registered
2013 CB100R White
1,673 Posts
btw, the forklift was in the Honda dealership in Baker City ID. they had DOZENS of 4-wheelers in crates in their warehouse. waaay more 4-wheel business than 2-wheels...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts