Honda CB1000R Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Thank you OC for the information/explanation. The coolant leak from the weep hole does appear to stop when the bike is in more regular use. It has only been a very small amount anyway and learning more about the situation has eased my concerns.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Mine is now doing its 12th winter and the finish has stood up well, I use ACF50 and the only corrosion has been on the brake calipers where I can’t apply it. In the last year or two I have had some flaking paint on the underside of subframe and the water pipe on the left side of the engine. Make sure you get a good covering of acf50 behind the radiator shrouds and as that area takes a lot of road spray.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Mine is now doing its 12th winter and the finish has stood up well, I use ACF50 and the only corrosion has been on the brake calipers where I can’t apply it. In the last year or two I have had some flaking paint on the underside of subframe and the water pipe on the left side of the engine. Make sure you get a good covering of acf50 behind the radiator shrouds and as that area takes a lot of road spray.
Have you got the extension to the front mud guard fitted ??---Very handy to keep the spray off the engine.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Like Button haha... Dinna Be Silly Colvert that might allow Blade and Mr Nice back in,two guys who i have met,and are both spot on,then we might have interesting fun conversations and answers to most problems[Group was alive then] Deluth cannot spend his life answering everything Respect Deluth [Just saying]

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
For those of you that ride all year in all weathers, does the CB show much wear and tear? I get a bit frustrated with the lack of riding this time of year but i’ve found road salt a bit of an issue back in the day. The cold i can cope with but i’m concerned about the winter weather and it’s affect on the bike. Be interested to know how others view the situation?
Unless your Anal it will end up looking a mess.Follow what is said on previous comments and you will be ok.And you can put ACF50 on your calipers.Just don't slabber it everywhere

Attachments

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Like Button haha... Dinna Be Silly Colvert that might allow Blade and Mr Nice back in,two guys who i have met,and are both spot on,then we might have interesting fun conversations and answers to most problems[Group was alive then] Deluth cannot spend his life answering everything Respect Deluth [Just saying]
BERTY; you're still alive and kicking !!!!---Ye Gods.---One of the few from long ago. Almost all of the mods have disappeared without trace.

Dozens of them.----:hello

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
BERTY; you're still alive and kicking !!!!---Ye Gods.---One of the few from long ago. Almost all of the mods have disappeared without trace.

Dozens of them.----:hello
Still hanging on to life Colvert Had a stroke but the big man spared me..Glad to see your still around,not many of the old members around,when it was a fun group,but serious if someone had a problem..Take Care Buddy

·
Registered
3,929 Posts

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Still hanging on to life Colvert Had a stroke but the big man spared me..Glad to see your still around,not many of the old members around,when it was a fun group,but serious if someone had a problem..Take Care Buddy
Hope you are still OK. This forum has changed beyond belief. Don't know if anybody checks it. They have even got LARDY as a member of ADMIN when he hasn't been on the site for years.
Crazy or what ??

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Hope you are still OK. This forum has changed beyond belief. Don't know if anybody checks it. They have even got LARDY as a member of ADMIN when he hasn't been on the site for years.
Crazy or what ??
All ok here Colvert,only logged in as got a notification you messaged me..Understand what your saying re changes.Hard to navigate around the group now...You take Care buddy.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
21 - 38 of 38 Posts