Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I'm really considering to buy the new CB1000R Black Edition. Black or Blue, I like both colors. The problem is that I'm a guy with 196cm height and I'm afraid the bike is too small for me and I would be better served with a Africa Twin or an Adventure similar. The CB is for sure my passion.

Anyone out there tall with a CB1000R? Is it that much uncomfortable if you do some more kms? If u ride with passenger, is it ok?

I'm from Portugal and the stores next to where I live don't have the bike available for test.

· Super Moderator
2019 CB1000R
1,906 Posts
Anyone out there tall with a CB1000R?
I have long legs. With my Fireblade on rear pit stands, I can sit on my bike with both bare feet flat on the floor and still have a bend in my knees. That being said, the pegs on the CB1000R are relatively high. They don't bother me but some folks shop for aftermarket pegs to lower them.

· Super Moderator
2019 CB1000R
1,906 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

By looking at the angle that this rider's knee is bent and how close the boot is to the seat, you can get an idea of how high the pegs are. They're not as high as a Fireblade, but they're close. Go sit on a Fireblade and you'll get an idea.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the pegs position wouldn’t bother that much. My license bike was an Yamaha XJ6 and I was pretty comfortable in that point for a sport bike. How is the arms position? After a ride a little bit longer, do you fill pain? With passenger is it ok or is it unbearable?

I’m also afraid of looking like a monster on a bike 😅 (just like Taz)

Btw nice color ser with helmet, jacket and bike 👌🏼

· Super Moderator
2019 CB1000R
1,906 Posts
How is the arms position? After a ride a little bit longer, do you fill pain?
I have long arms too so I sit upright on the bike. There is no weight on my arms, hands, or the handlebars. I don't have to hold my head up like I do on the Fireblade, so never any neck pain. If you were comfortable on the XJ6 you should be fine on the NSC. I've never taken a passenger on the NSC. The pillion seat is small so I removed the passenger footpegs.

· Registered
112 Posts
I am about 183cm and equally proportioned ("normal" length arms and legs). I find the bike pretty comfortable, though I am 60 and keeping my legs bent keeps me from riding much over an hour or so at a shot. My last bike was a Kawasaki Concours and even though that bike had me in a much more upright position, I found it much harder on my wrists as there was no wind on me. With the naked, once you get over 40mph or so there is little to no weight on your wrists.
This shot of me on "pickup" day should give you an idea.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 14 of 14 Posts