Honda CB1000R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Yeah, 1,500 is a really short life. You must be a savage!

Dang OEM's got me again this morning. Gawd I can't wait to replace them. Wasn't even going fast, behind a train of slow moving cars. Cars took corner with ease since they were going excessively slow. Nope, not me, back end slides out. Are you kidding me?!? These tires are going to kill me.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I run 34f 38r around town. I'll drop to 32/34 in the mountains.

I was running 32 32 in theft mountains. that's aparently bad

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Stop riding like a cock on the road ..tyres might last longer
You're obviously British. I'm not sure what exactly riding like a cock means. But if you knew about the road I was on you would understand the lean angle and tire wear. All was accomplished without doing more than 10 over the limit.

Google US129/deals gap/the dragon

It's such a big motorcycle road photographers set up on the side and sell pics. The speed limits 35 but most cars and Harleys can barely maintain 20 the whole 11 miles and 318 turns.

·
Administrator
4,048 Posts
Sounds great - is it like the place in California where the adverse camber and tricky turns guarantee a spill every day ?

Either way, it sounds like a great road - you should point us to any vids - we have some great roads here in the UK but spy tech (even aircraft) means even remote places are a speed enforcers heaven....

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The one in Malibu is known as the snake. I've never been but it has a similar reputation. 129 is fat better from what I've been told.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Yeah, that's Mulholland Drive out in Cali that you see rnickeymouse uploading to Youtube. Deal's Gap is in the Smoky Mountains, Tennessee. Both great roads, but IME, deals gap is crazy dangerous because of the popularity(traffic) and the line crossers. There are TONS of even better roads in the Smokies besides Deal's Gap with far, far less traffic and less police. Like RR said, you don't really even need to speed excessively to hang some great corners. I was up there a few years ago in my car with a fresh set of barely legal Potenzas and had an absolute blast! By the time I got back, I needed more tires and even a new muffler! Extended high rpms utterly destroyed the poor thing. I hope to get up there with the CB sometime soon, but life keeps happening.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Thanks for the tip. :thumbup

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I bought my 1000cc sport naked for fuel mileage and to save some trees. I can't believe anyone would try to ride one fast, especially on the track, that's just crazy.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
since this is slowly drifting off into a Deals Gap aka Tail of the Dragon thread, here's my favorite:

doesn't that look like TOO MUCH FUN!?!?

21 - 40 of 90 Posts