Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
How do they stack up against one another? Do you find yourself only riding one all the time or are they equal in your desire to ride?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don’t actually pick up my cb until tomorrow so I’m not sure yet! I will post a comparison once I get some saddle time, I do love my Zed though, it’s a great bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don’t actually pick up my cb until tomorrow so I’m not sure yet! I will post a comparison once I get some saddle time, I do love my Zed though, it’s a great bike.
Well, I do look forward to your follow up report once you’ve got a few weeks riding on both. Good luck with both bikes!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Love this combo! Before I got my NSC CB1000 the Z900RS was on top of my shortlist. Will be interested to hear how they compare.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I put about a thousand km`s on my CB over the weekend and other than having a pretty sore arse this morning I am super happy with the bike. It rides super nice and compliant when you want to and its an awesome street fighter when you want that too. I love my Zed too but the Honda is slightly better for the style of riding that I do. The Kawi makes its power a little lower but I typically am riding in the higher rpm range anyways so this engine suits me better. My Kawi has been modified with an ecu tune, full exhaust, upgraded front and rear suspension, upgraded brake lines and pads, but the Honda is still faster, quicker turning and better stopping that the Zed, not by a huge difference, but it is noticeable all around. I think the Kawasaki still gets more attention but I did have a couple of people stop me and tell me what a beautiful bike the CB is, and personally I like the modern style a little more than the retro. The front tire lifts easier on the Honda, the Kawi you really need to be trying to get it up, part of that might be the clip ons I put on puts more weight over the front, but not sure. I do prefer the cable throttle of the Kawi over the ride by wire of the Honda, it has more feel, and I really wish that they had put cruise control on this bike. I would say comfort wise they are about the same, my butt got sore after about the same amount of ride time, vibration is about the same, my hand started getting numb after about the same amount of ride time too. I think both of these bikes fulfill a similar role and are both really good as city bikes, and backroad scratchers, but the Honda is a little better performance wise, but with a higher price tag that is the way it should be, and looks are subjective to each individual, I`m sure everyone here likes the cb style, that is why we bought it, and on the Kawi forum I know they prefer the retro style of the Kawasaki. Having the clip ons and a cowl on the Kawasaki makes a big difference on the highway, I did find the throttle kind of twitchy, especially on the highway with the wind kind of blowing you around. Overall super happy with the bike, aesthetically I think it is going to stay as is, except for some bar end mirrors, and then over the winter probably put a full system and tune, but we will see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts