Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so thought i would add a page here to document the progress... So not much to start with cept the bike and few bits.

The new Ride........

I have installed the Yosh fender eliminator and have a R77 ready to fit.

I have a question on the Yoshimura 3/4. After reading just about everything I can on fitting the new exhaust and some of the issues that arise with doing so would it be prudent to wait for the install seeing as how the bike only has 40mi/64km? If there truly is an issue with fueling I wouldn't want to have this come in until after at least the break in.
Well, I will do my best to keep this thread updated as much as possible and their should be lots of posts and pics for all to enjoy as I have whats been called a "problem" when it comes to modifying anything I own that has wheels....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
887 Posts
I bought my exhaust (Yoshi) right after I rode mine off the showroom floor and installed it right away. I probably had 200 miles on the bike when I installed it. I had no problems installing it right away, bike ran fine and still does. I do recommend some sort of exhaust lube when installing the Yoshi. Sliding that thing on without was a major pain.

There's a lot of posts saying you have to remove this or that to get the stock cat off. I didn't take anything off and it came off. I used a rubber mallet to keep tapping the stock cat until it was far enough to wiggle off. It'll come right to the tire, but it comes off. You don't need to remove the tire, or loosen the header bolts, etc. It will come off without doing either of those.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought my exhaust (Yoshi) right after I rode mine off the showroom floor and installed it right away. I probably had 200 miles on the bike when I installed it. I had no problems installing it right away, bike ran fine and still does. I do recommend some sort of exhaust lube when installing the Yoshi. Sliding that thing on without was a major pain.

There's a lot of posts saying you have to remove this or that to get the stock cat off. I didn't take anything off and it came off. I used a rubber mallet to keep tapping the stock cat until it was far enough to wiggle off. It'll come right to the tire, but it comes off. You don't need to remove the tire, or loosen the header bolts, etc. It will come off without doing either of those.
Awesome Goat thnx for the info! I had planed on doing half of what is recommended in the instruction sheets from Yoshimura anyway seems like anything you do for MODS automotive wise is always overkill. So this is what I was wanting to hear that you don't really have to get a tune to run this set-up right away. I was just slightly leery of a lean condition on a new engine/motor with under 100mi on the clock. I guess I will cross that bridge if need be when and if I encounter some of the problems others here have had with this setup..Oh and I see you're in NorCal borne and raised there myself wish I was on the left coast still sometimes miss a lot about the state and area...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice ride pal - look forward to seeing your "problem" develop :thumbup
Indeed as you can see from this pic one of my Problem child's.....

On another note looking forward to my trip across the pond in July wish I could bring the new bike along for some touring you all have some bueno scenery for a ride!

·
Administrator
3,655 Posts
Indeed as you can see from this pic one of my Problem child's.....
:clap:clap:clap.........:yay ........... :thumbup

looking forward to my trip across the pond in July
Are you planning on hiring a bike while you are over here ???

I am sure plenty of members will be more than helpful in sorting you some nice routes :thumbup

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:clap:clap:clap.........:yay ........... :thumbup

Are you planning on hiring a bike while you are over here ???

I am sure plenty of members will be more than helpful in sorting you some nice routes :thumbup
Thnx B still trying to figure out all the details. On another note installed the Yoshimura tonight and wow what a difference. Took me all of an hour twenty and would have taken a lot less time yet I had a doh moment of not completely extracting the left side exhaust clamp bolt which got hung up. So I had to slide the cat back forward to get access.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
887 Posts
Looks good! You have same color as mine. I eventually blacked out the silver and took off the sticker so it's black and gold only. Tank sticker are a pain because they're clear coated on. The rest are easy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks good! You have same color as mine. I eventually blacked out the silver and took off the sticker so it's black and gold only. Tank sticker are a pain because they're clear coated on. The rest are easy.
Funny you say that as I always debadge/sticker all my rides and had planed on doing that to the cb as well. I can live with the tank but for the life of me why would Honda put a cheesy Xtreme sticker on the side panels?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Funny you say that as I always debadge/sticker all my rides and had planed on doing that to the cb as well. I can live with the tank but for the life of me why would Honda put a cheesy Xtreme sticker on the side panels?
Haha, dunno, but it comes right off. The tank will come off too, but it comes off in micro pieces and takes some time.

bike.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Soooo was not too sure on the idea of a tank bag as I've never run one on past bikes I always just jammed what I could in my pockets. All I can say is I will now always ride with one!!!! Its really handy to have the quick storage right in front of you. I purchased the SW EVO tank lock deal. I love how it doesn't touch the tank.

Gotta say it was a beautiful day as well rode up to Gettysburg, US Civil War Battlefield. Seeing as its Easter W/E all the insane travels were out of their minds on the roads today. goingcrazy.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts