Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title sais. I could buy an Arrow decat pipe second hand for a good price but i wanna make sure this combination would not cause problems since Leovince makes its own decat pipes.
And if you hook up the O2 sensor is remapping needed ? To my understanding the O2 sensor should take care of that so if i can avoid having to buy a powercommander that would be great.

·
Registered
60 Posts
hi.. just to note i have decat bike ..with sc project can with pipe to same as decat pipe...but when taking cat off you well get hunting noise from idle pulsing sound from exhaust. this all ways happens every time you start the bike up even when the bikes warmed up..example you can ride the bike pulsing more or less goes stop starting in traffic normal riding.. soon as you turn engine off on again its back until you start riding again..its down to backpressure taking the cat off. until ecu resets it again too my setup anyway {rapid bike evo} plus dyno run... still has pulsing noise..this cannot be fixed you have to just live with it (backpressure) its even worse with baffles out..your bike wil be ok with o2 sensor in as mine is to runs with rapid bike evo.. pcv does not..bike will run lean if you take o2 sensor out..but my setup bike pulls way better than stock..if you want to have normal engine running stock without pulsing exhaust..i would keep cat on and get

laser extreme gp.. best sound does not even need baffles out ...bike runs like stock just sound better..great cold start sound ive heard on any bike.. cost bit but worth it..i only swapped exhaust as way to loud with cat off ..perfect cat on.. hope this helps

·
Registered
60 Posts
if you can use this its what its designed for..back pressure .. only company that does this option for decat on cb i think..eliminate exhaust tone pulsing noise maybe ?..ive seen loads of cb with cat off and high miles and know damage issues using standard decat pipe..as i say pulsing noise for me but are all cb having same ..anyone!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CB1000R-LEOVINCE-DECAT-EXHAUST-ELIMINATES-CATALYST-IN-STOCK-FAST-SHIP/164171714394?epid=19017009407&hash=item2639658f5a:g:7QwAAOSwW8JeocS9

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Welcome, Vincent. Are we talking about the original CB or the NeoSport?

I have the Leo Vince decat, a slip-on adapter, a universal-fit SC Project slip-on muffler, and I'm using the factory O2 sensor without any tuning. The slip-on adapter lets me run any universal slip-on muffler I want instead of being limited to CB specific slip-ons or full systems.

The resonator on the Leo pipe has nothing to do with increasing back-pressure. It is there to help cancel certain sound resonances and change the tone. The decat I used before the LeoV didn't have a resonator and had a harshness with shorty mufflers that this one doesn't have. I'm pretty sure the Arrow pipe you mention is also fitted with a resonator. Both are great choices. What I can't answer is if fitment will be compatible. I highly suspect they will work fine together, but cannot say for 100% sure. If the Leov muffler works with the stock catalytic converter and the Arrow decat works with the stock muffler, everything will fit fine.

The o2 eliminator is really only needed for tuning to keep the computer from making fueling changes while being tuned on the dyno. It's going to depend on your available fuel and what market the bike was tuned for as to whether you will need a fuel controller or not. I don't run a PCV anymore since my bike/available fuel simply doesn't require it and it only needed a tiny change to the idle fueling to smooth the idle surging you tend to get with shorter exhausts. (USA bike/fuel) If your bike has driveability issues after an exhaust change, then maybe look into installing a fuel controller and getting it tuned. See if you NEED it before spending the $$$.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ty for the replies so far.
My cb is a 2014 model, so no neosport.
Atm i run with the stock cat fitted with a Leovince GP sbk slipon muffler specific for the cb1000r.
It fits perfect on the stock cat, the bike sounds and runs great with it.
I can buy an Arrow decat pipe that has a resonator as shown on this pic:
$_84.jpg
From what i can see this decat should fit on the original exhaust to, so all should fit together fine.
The reason i wanna buy the decat is to get rid on the stock cat to both save weight and improve the looks of the bike. I would also like some more clearance between the road and the bike for certain annoying speedbumps i have to drive over in the area i live in.
Any improvement in the area of horsepower would be lovely but i'm not expecting a mirackle.
I guess i will have to try and see if the bike runs fine with the decat if i buy it.
If the noise gets to loud with the decat i can insert the db killer in the muffler as atm i run without it :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
interesting so running leo vince resonator decat pipe - should be any end can that fits to this as a rule ..the laser gp i had would have fit to the leo decat as it direct fit to cat anyway..but it was to loud without cat..i did not know it was for lowering the sound ..also if you do not getting any idle exhaust pulsing ..then maybe the resonator does help with back pressure slightly.. as its not totaly free flow like standard decat pipe i had the scorpion one ..if there is packing in there to dampen sound wadding or something. the seller of the leo decat in uk says it does help with back pressure slightly as noted in description i think...i have 2009 model.. bike runs great just but just getting used to pulsing just in idle = startup then fine running.. but even with rapid bike evo and dyno map but you dont get it :confused:.. ..i also here its normal on cb and cbrr when changing cat..setup my sp project can and pipe is totally still free flow...correct info i can not say for sure on my side..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello again.
In the meantime i have bought the decat and mounted it. All i can say is it works as a charm. I did have to insert the db-killer tho. Without the db-killer it sounded great but my neighbours would not like it if i come home from work late at night hehe.
After i mounted it i let the bike run idle untill it reached temp. Switched it of en started it up again. This should allow the ECU to make the needed adjustments. It started up right away. No pulsating no hickups. I then went for a testdrive after i mounted the db-killer and was amazed. Its faster on the throttle, switches gear up and down even smoother and it deffinatly has more torc then before.
In other words: all i wanted to was getting rid of the bulky cat that was hanging under the bike, and in return i got a totaly different riding experience. All that for a mere 90 euros :D
To finnish it off, here is a pic of the decat on my bike:

It looks so much cleaner doesnt it :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello again.
In the meantime i have bought the decat and mounted it. All i can say is it works as a charm. I did have to insert the db-killer tho. Without the db-killer it sounded great but my neighbours would not like it if i come home from work late at night hehe.
After i mounted it i let the bike run idle untill it reached temp. Switched it of en started it up again. This should allow the ECU to make the needed adjustments. It started up right away. No pulsating no hickups. I then went for a testdrive after i mounted the db-killer and was amazed. Its faster on the throttle, switches gear up and down even smoother and it deffinatly has more torc then before.
In other words: all i wanted to was getting rid of the bulky cat that was hanging under the bike, and in return i got a totaly different riding experience. All that for a mere 90 euros :D
To finnish it off, here is a pic of the decat on my bike:

View attachment 48570
It looks so much cleaner doesnt it :D
yeah looks good.. the cat ways more than you think when you holding it on its own.. your right on with the cleaner torque curve..pulsing i was talking about only is there not on cold start or stop start riding more on turning engine on and off example when going to the garage..and then ecu resets idle again when normal riding..i am still not convinced that the decat you have with resonator does not help with back pressure though i think it does. yours has some packing or wadding in there to help keep the noise down i think this must help it back pressure wise some how too.. thats why your bike runs spot on know idle pulsing it will not damage engine either way i think..compared to my straight through decat.. if leovince decat not helping with back pressure then whats the cause for pulsing ??:unsure:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts