Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted Campbells today and spoke to the owner John Campbell - a really nice guy - to see if he had designed a Sidewinder exhaust for the CB1000R, as I had one of his designs fitted to my Tiger 1050, see pic below.

He said he was looking to design a similar twin exit pipe for the CB, but shorter in length to expose the rear wheel - but he was having trouble getting a bike to fabricate the design on.

Then he made the following offer, if anyone could lend his workshop a CB100R for 5 days, so he could make up a suitable exhaust, then they could have the exhaust for free for their trouble! I said I would be happy to do it, but I'm based in Scotland and he is in Orpington, Kent!

I told him I would extend his offer on anyone on this forum who may be more local to him and willing to do without their bike for 5 days!

So come on, all you southern guys, who's up for it? I would really like a Campbell for my CB, they look and sound great and the quality is top notch, they are reasonably priced too.

Campbell' web site address is http://www.campbellcustom.co.uk/
and John Campbell can be contacted on Tel: 07946 759990

Forgive the following pictures appearing on this site, but it gives you an idea of how the Sidewinder looks fitted to a bike.....

RBD914

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Dan had them on his FZ1 at one point I'm sure. Would you mind attaching these images though please, rather than directly embedding them? They're a bit on the large side. Cheers

See this thread if you don't know how to attach images :thumbup

·
Registered
839 Posts
I work a couple of miles up the road from there! Just called and left a message on his mobile; you never know!

·
Premium Member
4,583 Posts
I was just going to suggest that you phoned as you live near him. ask him to make 2 sets one for you and the other for me. :thumbup

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
jon.f said:
I was just going to suggest that you phoned as you live near him. ask him to make 2 sets one for you and the other for me. :thumbup
I had the cambells on my Zed thou, looked the dogs but weighed a fookin ton, but still less than original....

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Nice Triumph Tiger that RBD914, it looks Smart!!
Especially with the Scottish Flag design on the Front Mudguard :thumbup :clap

Those Exhausts look good on that particular Bike, may look huge on any other Bike right enough!!

·
Registered
839 Posts
So. Bike goes to Campbell Custom on the 12th Oct for development of a pipe for the CB. Watch this space.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
You beat me to it reeseyboy...i look forward to seeing the end result,i may have to get me one of them ;)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
reeseyboy said:
So. Bike goes to Campbell Custom on the 12th Oct for development of a pipe for the CB. Watch this space.....
Nice one reeseyboy, I knew someone would be up for a freebie! Let us know the outcome! :respekt

PLEASE, PLEASE Get them to model it on the Ixil and Laser. i.e. tight angled kick up to follow the lines of the tail unit, short and stubby to expose the rear wheel, removeable baffles!

Can't wait to see the results! :yay

RBD914

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
See if you can get them to have it fill the area at the front on the right hand side which is left empty when the OE can is removed too. Even better, have it connect direct to the headers :thumbup

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Satchel Man said:
Nice Triumph Tiger that RBD914, it looks Smart!!
Especially with the Scottish Flag design on the Front Mudguard :thumbup :clap

Those Exhausts look good on that particular Bike, may look huge on any other Bike right enough!!
Thanks Satchel Man, you'd be liking this one too then..............

Painted by Bike Paints based in Cupar, they paint the Monster Mob Ducati race bikes. I had an R1 done in Rossi replica colours once, looked awesome. Of all the bikes I wish I'd kept it would be the Gixxer and the R1......

RBD914

Attachments

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Yeah thats 1 sweet looking Gixxer Rob :clap

Loving the Discs & Yoshi End Can to :lick

I didnt know Bike Paints were in Cupar, thats good to know!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Satchel Man said:
Yeah thats 1 sweet looking Gixxer Rob :clap

Loving the Discs & Yoshi End Can to :lick

I didnt know Bike Paints were in Cupar, thats good to know!!
Yeah, they do a great job, here's the R1 I mentioned - isn't she a beauty?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Yeah thats the Balls m8.
I can definetly see the regret in selling such a beast :shake

Looking at these 2 Bikes, & thinking about my own isnt it frightening how much £ we spend on these Bikes.

Why cant i like Canoeing? I mean once you've bought a Roof Rack for the car, Wet suit, Bouyance Aid & Canoe, thats you sorted!!

Bikes cost a fortune man :banghead

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Satchel Man said:
Yeah thats the Balls m8.
I can definetly see the regret in selling such a beast :shake

Looking at these 2 Bikes, & thinking about my own isnt it frightening how much £ we spend on these Bikes.

Why cant i like Canoeing? I mean once you've bought a Roof Rack for the car, Wet suit, Bouyance Aid & Canoe, thats you sorted!!

Bikes cost a fortune man :banghead
You speak the truth - Don't even get me started on cars....................!

Oops, here's the current wallet drainer.............!

RBD

Attachments

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
reeseyboy said:
Just to bring us back on topic,,,

I picked up my pipes from them for the Zed thou, dont go expecting some futuristic workshop, its been there forever and you wont believe what it looks like inside, I think they got some of the very first exhausts ever made by anyone in there, you get the feeling that if Jesus was born in the UK this is the stable thet he would have used,,(you'll see what I mean..)

But the old boys who work there are pukka ole craftsmen and reet friendly too. Look forward to seeing the end result! :thumbup

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
rainman said:
reeseyboy said:
Just to bring us back on topic,,,

I picked up my pipes from them for the Zed thou, dont go expecting some futuristic workshop, its been there forever and you wont believe what it looks like inside, I think they got some of the very first exhausts ever made by anyone in there, you get the feeling that if Jesus was born in the UK this is the stable thet he would have used,,(you'll see what I mean..)

But the old boys who work there are pukka ole craftsmen and reet friendly too. Look forward to seeing the end result! :thumbup
X2 spot on :thumbup

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Yep I had them on my FZ1...

John is a really nice guy although it did take ages to get the cans....

They are heavy as they are made from very sturdy stainless, I didn't really feel that my FZ1 run that smoothly with them to be honest and they were really loud without the baffles. In the end I decided that I preferred the more sport looks of a stainless Yoshi to the sidewinders and therefore sold them...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts