Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in California and the closest place for me to get one of these bikes is in Las Vegas. The guy I talked to there said it looked like there was only one model, meaning it should be legal in Ca. but I just received an email from a dealer in Texas that said the bike he had was not legal in Ca. Does anyone here know for sure if there are two U.S. versions, one for Ca. and one for the rest?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
btw, Steve, do you have a complete collection of "Big Ones"? i.e., one of the 1994 generation; one of the 2008 generation, and one of the 2018 generation? or did you move something along?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
No ... I wish I did.

I got sideswiped off of my 2014 CB1000R just a few weeks before I was due to pick up my 2018. Insurance wrote it off.

Is a shame. I would have loved to ride 2014 back-to-back with 2018.

My 1994 is in the shop right now getting a suspension upgrade. I finally accepted that I will never treat a 26-year-old bike with any respect (i.e. slow down). So I need the suspension upgraded to make it a safer ride on the Mount Hamilton ‐ Mines route 😈

So shortly it will be Ohlins front and rear...

Of course then I'll need a brake upgrade .....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in California and the closest place for me to get one of these bikes is in Las Vegas. The guy I talked to there said it looked like there was only one model, meaning it should be legal in Ca. but I just received an email from a dealer in Texas that said the bike he had was not legal in Ca. Does anyone here know for sure if there are two U.S. versions, one for Ca. and one for the rest?
I saw your post and live in California as well. I have a 2019 that I purchased new in March of this year. It has a 3 year extended Honda care warranty. Has lot's of extra accessories as well. I will be selling it to a dealer this week and saw your ad.

If you have interest let me know and I can send pics and information.

Otherwise happy hunting : )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts