Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, just looking for some advice here. I have change my tokico callipers for the brembos and was delighted to see that it was pretty much a direct replacement. I have noticed the the brembos sit higher on the disc leaving about 5mm at the top of the pads not in contact with the disc, I would like to upgrade the discs to the 320mm at some point in the future which would sort it out but would like to know your opinions on leaving the brakes like this.:confused:

Tire Automotive tire Rim Wheel Auto part

·
Registered
785 Posts
will not drive like that
what kind of 108 mm M4 U bought?

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I have noticed the the brembos sit higher on the disc leaving about 5mm at the top of the pads not in contact with the disk
It doesn't sound like the right calipers - all pad material has to be on the disc (it may fail an mot on that basis) - the right brembo kit should fit the 310s no problem and can be adapted with a spacer kit for 320s - you may need to look into this further with the supplier ; but not right - please be careful - I wouldn't ride with them like that ...

Ps - did you take the dowels out of the fork leg bottom ( in case they're not sitting flush ?) - cheers

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesn't sound like the right calipers - all pad material has to be on the disc (it may fail an mot on that basis) - the right brembo kit should fit the 310s no problem and can be adapted with a spacer kit for 320s - you may need to look into this further with the supplier ; but not right - please be careful - I wouldn't ride with them like that ...

Ps - did you take the dowels out of the fork leg bottom ( in case they're not sitting flush ?) - cheers
If I upgrade the discs to 320mm then all the pad material will be in contact with the disc, I also left the dowels in and the caliper fitted perfectly. I will deffinetly get in contact with the supplier and see what they say.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
If I upgrade the discs to 320mm then all the pad material will be in contact with the disc, I also left the dowels in and the caliper fitted perfectly. I will deffinetly get in contact with the supplier and see what they say.
Sounds like the right thing to do ...

:thumbup

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like the right thing to do ...

:thumbup
Well I emailed the company (addiction motorsport ltd) and he wasn't sure so he phoned brembo and put the question to them, they replied saying the m4 calipers are to be used with the 320mm discs. Good to know as there was no mention on any paperwork that came with them in the box. They don't have any in stock just yet so I will be fitting the originals back on until these are in stock.

Cheers for the feedback or I would of just run them as they are :thumbup

·
Registered
395 Posts
I put Nissin calipers on my CBR600 (uses exact same disc and calipers as our CB) and had the same issue. Ended up putting Braking SK2 rotors on.

CBR1000RR rotors are a direct bolt on and are 320mm if you want to go the budget route. They're still great discs regardless!

·
Registered
785 Posts
CBR 1000rr 2006-2007 AND vtr sp01/02 are 320
Cb1300-600rr - 1000rr 04-05 are 310mm
Also 330 mm out of CBR 00>03 are a solution with right spacers
CBR 1000rr 08-16 are 320 aswell but 15.25 mm offset instead of 12.5 like others
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
CBR 1000rr 2006-2007 AND vtr sp01/02 are 320
Cb1300-600rr - 1000rr 04-05 are 310mm
Also 330 mm out of CBR 00>03 are a solution with right spacers
CBR 1000rr 08-16 are 320 aswell but 15.25 mm offset instead of 12.5 like others
:rolleyes:
Which of these are a direct bolt onto to the CB1000R without any mods ( except spacing the calipers ) ?

·
Registered
785 Posts
All with 12.5 mm offset are bolt-on(cbr1000 04-07 , cbr600rr , cb1300, , CBR900 00-03 , VTR sp01-02)
Cbr1krr 2008>2016 , CBF 600-1000 due wrong offset are not a possible swap

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I bit the bullet and bought the Brembo upgrade 320mm ones.
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Disc brake Wheel

Now the whole of the pad material is in contact with the discs.
Auto part Rim Wheel

I did try to find a pair of CBR 320mm discs but wasnt easy. Thanks for your advice guys, HUGE help :thumbup

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
That's why Ducati fit right angled valves to some bikes. That comment made me realise why my wife's 02 monster which has 320's has a right angle valve. Be worth getting some for next tyre change.

Looks great.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have in all my bikes These 90* valves

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I want brembos what do I need to know about sizes I would prefer not to order new discs will all M4 caliper fit the bike?
Check with the retailer - tell them the model (jap bikes have 108mm spacing between caliper bolts) - they need to match the supplied part to your disc size (310 stock) - you'll get a part that matches your bike....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts