Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I am looking for some help what are your recommendation for front and rear brake pads as I don't want to go to the dealers as they are far too expensive for what they are please help

·
Registered
41 Posts
My bike is a 2010 ABS model and the EBC brake pad number is FA388HH. I have actually just fitted stock Honda pads to the rear and I must admit they give a far better performance than the ones that came off. Of course, they are quite expensive!! When I need front pads, I am going with EBC.

·
Registered
2013 CB100R White
1,844 Posts
Too late, it seems, but I beg to differ. OEM all the way... I've used HH pads too, and while they have extra 'bite' when they warm up, they are considerably worse than stock pads on first engagement, i.e., when you've been riding along and some XXX pulls out in front of you. Cold pads and cold disks:, OEM is way better. I found HH pads have a tendency to get squeaky too... That's both Ferodo and EBC... But maybe YRMV.

·
Super Moderator
2019 CB1000R
1,813 Posts
I've used HH pads too, and while they have extra 'bite' when they warm up, they are considerably worse than stock pads on first engagement, i.e., when you've been riding along and some XXX pulls out in front of you.
Yup, you definitely wouldn't want to use these on the streets in Canada
EBC EPFA390HH Road Race Front Brake Pads

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just switched my pads up to a 700hh, I wanted wanted try the higher end ones because the bike does see track and hard backroad riding, it's not my commuter. We will see next year if they were a waste of money or not. On a side note the owners manual says to replace the bolts that hold the caliper evertime you take the caliper off the bike, anybody on earth do this? Hahah

Attachments

·
Registered
873 Posts
brembo SR front , oem rear

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just switched my pads up to a 700hh, I wanted wanted try the higher end ones because the bike does see track and hard backroad riding, it's not my commuter. We will see next year if they were a waste of money or not.
I took the cb out on the weekend and even though it was about 15 Celsius the pads were just as good as the stock ones i replaced with their initial bite, never had any concerns with them not being warmed up, looking forward to giving them a proper thrashing on track in the spring.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts