Honda CB1000R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nice!!! beautiful tricolor. BTW, Meademan, do u or any of you UK guys know how I can get some of those "extreme" stickers on your radiator guards? apparently US bikes don't have them.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Email Doble. They can hook you up.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Mods coming on nicely now.

I finally got round to removing the baffle from the slip on so now she sounds even better. Added a Beowulf radiator guard, Ermax Belly Pan, and some Pazzo shorty levers.

I've also had to replace the Gi-Pro gear indictor which started acting up for reasons unknown, but Healtech have been fabulous and sent a replacement unit straight away. At the moment the Gi-Pro from my Fireblade is on board and works a treat and didn't even need re-mapping for this bike when I swapped it on.

I've got some more carbon parts coming soon and my next mods will likely be a steering damper and a link pipe with PCV and some different mirrors.

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks guys.

The latest mods are a pair of Carbon Fibre Air Intake Covers, and Lower side panels.The front CF covers I think make quite a difference to the bike when viewed from the front, because of the silver mesh, which is normally black on the plastic OEM part.

Tomorrow I intend to fit a CF chain Guard and Rear Sprocket guard.

I'm quite impressed with the quality of these parts from RC on eBay. Came from Beijing and I dealt with the seller directly via email. Unbelievably, the parts arrived at my door within a few days of me sending him the payment, and they did come from Beijing!

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
nice bit of carbon there - did the side panels fit ok and come with the right lugs etc ? - looking good !
The small tongues at the top rear of both lower side panels needed a bit of filing to make them a lot smaller and slightly thinner than they were in order to get them to locate properly but the tab that located in the rubber grommet on the bike frame was fine.
It was literally a 10 min filing job, probably quicker with a Dremmel.
The front air vents needed a small bit of filing where the metal tab locates through them at the top, otherwise they lined up quite nicely. Those air vent panels came from another seller on eBay, but apart from the Powerbronze offerings which I wouldn't touch, they are the only CF air intake parts like this I have seen for the bike.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just curious----------Why the ties around the front forks ????
i want to see how much dive I'm getting. i've also been filming the front wheel whilst in motion to see where the dive goes to in general relative to where the tie wrap has now moved to.
I've got some great footage!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Meademan that is very sad................. but funny enough your amongst like minded sado's so put some footage up :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Meademan that is very sad................. but funny enough your amongst like minded sado's so put some footage up :D
It's coming, it's coming. I'm gonna try and make a ride out video which will have that footage in it, I just need a few more angles on film, and I'm waiting for a Go-Pro boom mount to arrive for some of those shots and some time to get it all edited in. There's also a nice butt clenching moment where the back end breaks away on mushy leaves. In fact, the bike recovered admirably despite a momentary tank slapper which was all caught on film. I actually don't think this bike needs a steering damper at all the way it nulled itself out so quickly.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
despite a momentary tank slapper which was all caught on film. I actually don't think this bike needs a steering damper at all the way it nulled itself out so quickly.
Yes I would agree, the only time mine wags is if you grip the bars too tight on crests or hit bumps mid corner.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Some updated pics of my Tri-Colour

Now with added Ohlins goodness, Power Commander IV, De-cat link pipe, Ermax Belly Pan, Pazzo Lever....shall I go on?

This baby hauls ass! (Mine mostly)

Enjoy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,583 Posts
Got some superb photo's there. Nice quality :D

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Some updated pics of my Tri-Colour

Now with added Ohlins goodness, Power Commander IV, De-cat link pipe, Ermax Belly Pan, Pazzo Lever....shall I go on?

This baby hauls ass! (Mine mostly)

Enjoy
Very tastefully done.--:thumbup--​Worth another look.--( Post 34. )

·
Registered
91 Posts
Lovely bike! I was thinking of getting those R&G engine sliders, do they fit nicely? And do they resist to the high temperatures of the engine?

Thanks

21 - 40 of 40 Posts