Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a few pics of my Black Beauty down by the water just after Xmas 2012..There will be a few more mods to come soon but for now i'm liking the way she is..She gets many comments and looks around here.:thumbup.I've recently fitted a PC5 and a Yoshi R-77 (the new improved version)making her so much more enjoyable to ride.And much better to the ears and the eyes..

Update: I've changed my mirrors,undertray and a few other new bits..
I've also fitted a new Ermax bellypan..
There is more recent pics on page 7
Painted "frame parts" and headlight cowl black..
More mods to come...

P.S The latest look is on the last page as i find it hard to stop adding mods..
...JD...

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Looking good mate, carbon fibre side panels might improve the look even more. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Yes a bellypan is on the cards..I've been looking around and reading other peoples experiences..There's not a big choice available..
Me and a few others got the Ermax can you get it over there would look great and add to the sealth look.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Me and a few others got the Ermax can you get it over there would look great and add to the sealth look.
Yeah i have seen the Ermax bellypan and they seem to be the best looking ones out there.Still not rushing in to it though.Same with a rear hugger,I'm in no hurry to get one.This bike has never even been ridden in the wet, ever..

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jaydee,
where did u get that smoked headlight cover? really nice look
These headlight covers are available on ebay from Australia..I bought the dark tint one but there is clear and yellow ones available too..
The headlight still shines through well enough to be legal during the day..Take it off at night in 2 seconds as it's velcro stuck on..In traffic i keep my high beam on so i can still be seen, as the cover does dim the light a little..

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looking good mate, carbon fibre side panels might improve the look even more. :thumbup
Yes i agree carbon fibre panels would look good..I have thought about getting some but i would keep going with the carbon fibre panels all over i reckon..I mean it would be hard to stop at just a few..I know every panel can be replaced with carbon fibre and it would cost a bit..I never say never though..

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
Very nice looking bike Jaydee one of the best Black ones I have seen ... :respekt

How do you go on when you park up, do you have to look for somewhere covered ? The bike, especially the seat, must get very hot !!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very nice looking bike Jaydee one of the best Black ones I have seen ... :respekt

How do you go on when you park up, do you have to look for somewhere covered ? The bike, especially the seat, must get very hot !!!
Hey mel,Thanks for your comments..Sorry for the late reply..
When i park the bike i try to find some shade where i can..On the rare occasions that i ride it to work,I have large towel that i drape over the whole bike and use some pegs to hold it on during the day..The sun does get a bit harsh over here in Australia..
Sometimes even just leaving it in the sun for half an hour and then jumping back on burns my butt..Ouch..

·
Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
4,053 Posts
These headlight covers are available on ebay from Australia..I bought the dark tint one but there is clear and yellow ones available too..
The headlight still shines through well enough to be legal during the day..Take it off at night in 2 seconds as it's velcro stuck on..In traffic i keep my high beam on so i can still be seen, as the cover does dim the light a little..[/QUOT

I guess the traffic is a lot more dense in Britain than where you are, We need every bit of light from the headlight that we can get and still the idiots don't see us and pull straight across our paths.

Gets a bit hot here too where I am in France. Never tried it--
:D--but I'm sure you could fry eggs on the saddle. :thumbup

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yep your right CLOVERT don't see us or hear us even when you hooting your horn.
Then they look at you as if its your fault that they nearly side swiped you!

God must like stupid people,
He (or she) makes too many of them!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The headlight still shines through well enough to be legal during the day..Take it off at night in 2 seconds as it's velcro stuck on..In traffic i keep my high beam on so i can still be seen, as the cover does dim the light a little..[/QUOT

I guess the traffic is a lot more dense in Britain than where you are, We need every bit of light from the headlight that we can get and still the idiots don't see us and pull straight across our paths.

Gets a bit hot here too where I am in France. Never tried it--
:D--but I'm sure you could fry eggs on the saddle. :thumbup
Yeah being seen as much as possible is always important i agree..I don't ride in much traffic really as i mainly ride on the weekends through the mountains or on open roads ..If i rode every day and in heavy traffic i would take the cover off for sure..But anywhere in the world there are car drivers that just don't look..

1 - 20 of 77 Posts