Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
IMG-20200410-WA0005.jpg
20171120_160242.jpg
I'm jealous of my Dad keeping a few of his bikes in the house. The vfr has only done 1000 miles and the 1979 cbx has only 12 k on it. He has 2 other Vfr750's in the shed. Mum put her foot down after 2 bikes in the house. I've ridden the cbx and it's so smooth and easy to ride

Registered
NICE! 馃憤 :D A man after my own heart, your dad is. (that cbx is sweet!)

I don't actually store my bikes inside because I ride all of them often, but I do bring them inside for work at times when it's cold/hot in the garage. (thanks to French doors!)

Here's a pic of the Grom(MSX125) inside just after getting a new look via some well placed red vinyl.

Registered
I remember a CBX sitting in the local Honda shop just after I graduated high school (~1980). I thought it was the most bad-a$$ thing ever. I would have bought it if I could have afforded it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
He does use the Cbx normally only on very nice days but with the current world order, you know what I mean Haha, it hasn't been out the house for a while

Registered
Yes, that super dangerous gallon of fuel in a sealed tank on an injected bike with a carbon canister to catch the miniscule amount of vapor that might try to leave in a climate controlled environment. 馃檮 Safety nannies of the world love applying blanket coverage. They think if one person did something dumb, everyone will be dumb so we all need more laws and rules to control our lives.

I would drain the carbs on a non-FI bike and drain the tank for long storage no matter where it was stored. Storing a carbed bike inside, full of fuel, especially with an open petcock is just asking for trouble.

Meanwhile, an infinite source of natural gas is pumped into homes all around the world and space heaters and candles are sold everywhere. That's never gone wrong, has it? We build the majority of our homes out of kindling, after all.

Most people's risk assessment skills are lacking, plain non-existent in some. That's why you can buy alcohol and cigarettes at any corner store, but you have to wear a mask to walk ten feet to a table in a restaurant. Our 馃ぁ-world is full of brain-dead overbearing authoritarians with zero risk assessment skills.

Worrying about a bike kept in the house makes no sense whatsoever when riding that same bike is infinitely more dangerous. Hell, a very large number of people's jobs are far more dangerous.

That being said, I personally wouldn't have a bike inside an apartment because the situation is wholly different than a house you own. In that case you are adding risk to others without their knowledge. It may be a minor risk, but that isn't the point.

Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
Yes, that super dangerous gallon of fuel in a sealed tank on an injected bike with a carbon canister to catch the miniscule amount of vapor that might try to leave in a climate controlled environment. 馃檮 Safety nannies of the world love applying blanket coverage. They think if one person did something dumb, everyone will be dumb so we all need more laws and rules to control our lives.

I would drain the carbs on a non-FI bike and drain the tank for long storage no matter where it was stored. Storing a carbed bike inside, full of fuel, especially with an open petcock is just asking for trouble.

Meanwhile, an infinite source of natural gas is pumped into homes all around the world and space heaters and candles are sold everywhere. That's never gone wrong, has it? We build the majority of our homes out of kindling, after all.

Most people's risk assessment skills are lacking, plain non-existent in some. That's why you can buy alcohol and cigarettes at any corner store, but you have to wear a mask to walk ten feet to a table in a restaurant. Our 馃ぁ-world is full of brain-dead overbearing authoritarians with zero risk assessment skills.

Worrying about a bike kept in the house makes no sense whatsoever when riding that same bike is infinitely more dangerous. Hell, a very large number of people's jobs are far more dangerous.

That being said, I personally wouldn't have a bike inside an apartment because the situation is wholly different than a house you own. In that case you are adding risk to others without their knowledge. It may be a minor risk, but that isn't the point.
But you just never know.--- :oops:

Reactions: DELuth and Bevo

Registered
All that damage and a burned child from a fight between girls over a boy. smh
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!

Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
View attachment 48940 View attachment 48941 I'm jealous of my Dad keeping a few of his bikes in the house. The vfr has only done 1000 miles and the 1979 cbx has only 12 k on it. He has 2 other Vfr750's in the shed. Mum put her foot down after 2 bikes in the house. I've ridden the cbx and it's so smooth and easy to ride
If he's like this guy I can understand why she would put her foot down as she would have to sleep in another bed.-----:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: leedsrhino15
1 - 16 of 16 Posts