Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In over 20yrs of riding I never bought a paddock stand or bike lift (tended to have bikes with centre stand). So which route do I go with the CB? Any recommendations? Do you get much benefit from the lifts over the stands?

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you do go for an Abba stand, make sure you order the correct one for the year of your bike as there is a difference between the diameter of the nylon bung for the thickness of paint on the later models. The Honda dealers got me the wrong one and the bung kept getting stuck, however the people at Abba were kind enough to supply one with the reduced diameter.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I have the Abba and can vouch for it, its tried and tested, i also have their own front lift arm which is seconds to use and lifts the front wheel off the ground, it fully intergrates with the main abba and is decent value for money compared to the more expensive full lifts

·
Administrator
4,047 Posts
The Abba is simple, effective engineering at a pretty cheap price - that you can use it on practically any other bike with the right fitting kit is pretty genius - I have front and rear stands and they are a faff compared to this - you can take off everything with an Abba, except the swing arm (and there's even a kit that allows this by instead anchoring under the footrests). Very clever stuff from a few bits of metal !

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
No idea, I have no experience with Abba. In my dreams, I would love to own a sky lift. I don't NEED one, though, and so cannot justify the cost.

All I need is a rear stand and I use Pitbull. If I needed more, I would probably go for the Abba front and rear package.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I've wondered myself about getting one of those stands but like DELuth I can't justify it.

My bike lives in a barn and has a chain hoist just above it. I can haul it up to eye level and also spin it around.

Does the trick, though it does take a minute or two to raise it up. Keeps your back in good nick though, and your legs.--:smoke

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have both the Abba Superbike stand and also the new Abba Skylift , fantastic bit of kit for easy maintenance, allows working on it in 3 different modes, wheelie mode with front wheel high , stoppie , with rear wheel high, or horizontal around 3 feet of the ground , highly recommend it.

·
Administrator
4,047 Posts
I have both the Abba Superbike stand and also the new Abba Skylift , fantastic bit of kit for easy maintenance, allows working on it in 3 different modes, wheelie mode with front wheel high , stoppie , with rear wheel high, or horizontal around 3 feet of the ground , highly recommend it.
Another vote for the Abba - I've used mine across three different bikes just by obtaining a different fitting kit each time (around £20) - I rarely used paddock stands and it's a one man operation and very stable allowing rear wheel access and removal - you can jack the front slightly (I use a light bottle jack) and have both wheels off the ground (Abba also sell a kit that allows this) - I think I paid about £120 for mine (Ebay can often get you one for half that) - it's probably the most used and best value item in the shed...Highly recommended as a lifetime bikers purchase

1 - 20 of 25 Posts