Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well had the bike a week now and it had its first service yesterday @ 500 miles :) so time to add the mods :)

First the stripped the tank off and fitted the PCV and GI Pro gear indicator, stripping this bike down is a breeze in comparison to the fireblade so really enjoyed it once they were fitted I fitted the new gearshift rod with HM PC shifter, have put the LCD display under the pillion seat with the PCV as the PC requires a switched live so used the rear light and a shifter wire to the PCV so seemed the easiest place to put it all.

loaded the PCV with the 509 Akra map and enabled the shifter, took a while to work out the settings, but sorted it

PCV
Mode - Fuel cut
Switch style - Normally Open
Min RPM - 2000
Shift interval - 250
Kill time - 65ms

HM PC

Compression (C)
65% sensitivity
65ms (although this does not do anything as PCV controls kill time)

and it works as well as the HM plus unit I had on the blade and Ducati, which I didn't expect as it only cuts fuel rather than the spark.

Next off came the OE can and Cat easy enough although the cat took some persuasion to come off, before fitting the can I drilled off and fitted my Jon.F undertray (many thanks Jon its a remarkable piece of kit and perfectly finished :) ) Then fitted the Akrapovic de cat pipe and Akrapovic exhaust.

The bike sounds much better now, and looks much cleaner at the rear end thanks to Jon, now just have to wait for the single seat unit to arrive from Honda and frame plugs from thecarpetcrawler (thanks) and I will be a very happy man indeed :)

A few pics :)

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire Auto part Vehicle Alloy wheel Tire Automotive exhaust Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire Vehicle Auto part Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Auto part Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Car

Reactions: beaverr1

·
Premium Member
4,583 Posts
WOW Jamie. You don't hang around do you. The cb is looking good :thumbup

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Jon, like to get things done ;) besides moving house next weekend so thought it best to crack on and get it all done !

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds good, deep tone and not to offensive with the baffle out although with it in its still good ;) which it may be a lot as i go to work at 4.30 in the morning ...no problems on picking my brains, but there are not a lot to pick ;)

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dude that all sounds fantastic, where did you get all the parts from and how much please. Ive had mine about a week now so I'm getting ready to do some alterations.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Good work mate and quick ! My CB was a month old before I fitted my Akra,PC III and some other bits. :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fast modding there :thumbup

Have you all ready scuffed your heel plate ?
Yes :( not good is it ? Looked at my boots (supertech R's and can't see what's doing it and been wearing textiles ? Thinking of getting them powder coated black soon so not too worried but a bit annoyed :(

·
Registered
87 Posts
Lookin good dude lovely mods question on your steering damper is there much diff between csc and rsc had a look myself and there is the 2 options :p

Reactions: JamieHRC

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is my first hyperpro SD so hard to tell you the diffrence between the two types as far as I can tell the CSC gives constant damping which you adjust to the conditions like the Ohlins Sd121 I had on the R1 and the Ducati and the RSC is responsive and reacts increasing the damping in a tank slap situation, I may be wrong but that was my take on it !

I bought it second hand so it needed a new o ring and the spacers supplied are to short so had to add 2 washers either side on the handlebar clamp to clear the clamp. Looks very good fitted though and feels positive but not intrusive at setting 10 :)

Vehicle Auto part Tire Motorcycle accessories Automotive tire
Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Auto part Brake Bicycle part Tree Auto part Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
87 Posts
Cool will do some costing up and ask the boss lol looks pretty neat and tidy fit very dapper :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not sure if rearsets will come off or just get powder coated yet, but I thought that to

·
Registered
663 Posts
Looking good there Jamie! Like the other said you dont hang around.

Funny I did the opposite to you and went from nakeds (the last being the CB1KR) to sports bikes (CBR1KR). Though I do love the blade my next bike will again be a naked!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts