Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We mentioned a while back that we've got some development work going on in the background. We're going to move away from the current opensource forum software (PHPBB3) and on to a very popular commercial forum system (vBulletin). The new platform is way more up to date, has a really nice clean layout, and even supports these mobile apps that a lot of you have been asking for.

This post is to let you know that the next time you visit the site, you MAY see the new version. It's incoming any day now! Some won't like it much, others will love it, but we're confident that if you don't love it immediately that you soon will.

We may have a couple of teething problems, but please bear with us. It'll be worth it :thumbup

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hope vBulletin has improved in the last couple years then .... !!

I've been an admin and used VB, phpBB2 and phpBB3 ... whats your reasoning behind swapping??

Edit .. Ok just looked at VB's home site and it is a CLONE of the stock phpBB3 look!!
I remember when phpBB3 was being developed and i remember what VB looked like then .. it was horrendous!

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
This should be going down tonight, around 10pm UK time. The forum will be unavailable while the process is underway

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
And here it is! Give us your thoughts :) Be gentle though - we're still putting some finishing touches to the board so some things may not quite work correctly (some smileys, bbcodes etc). Also, your links probably won't work any more either (ie in your signatures to your Members Rides). Sorry! ;)

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
I'll look in to it for you mate. Some came through automagically. Will see if we can work out why yours didn't

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Search is based on what you guys enter and where you put it ;) If you create a topic about an Akrapovic exhaust and call the topic "check this out", putting it in members rides, search will struggle ;)

In all seriousness, we're never going to be able to provide Google quality searches

·
Registered
409 Posts
looking good ... nice and clear, only thing I think you need to change is the tri color CB at the top, should be the RED one as we all know that is the best and fastest :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
My problem was now, that it wont accept short words. Just tried a search for "jmv" and it was too short.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
That's to be expected. Sorry. Only solution would be to go to Google and enter:

Site:hondacb1000r.com jmv

That ought to do it :thumbup

1 - 20 of 56 Posts