Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I know this will probably annoy a few of you as I have previously seen discussions of a similar topic!
Passed my DAS 2 months ago and have been trying to find a bike since! (Not easy when your 6ft3 and 19 stone)
I was lucky enough to test ride a 2019 cb1000r and fell in love! Super comfy and the first bike I felt actually fitted me.
I understand this is a weapon of mass destruction and alot for a first bike, I have had mixed opinions from many people so kind of 50/50
I am 26 and would conditioner myself sensible (I understand that means nothing!)

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

Registered
You already know the answers you are going to get. You aready told us.

Any 'sensible' rider knows that it takes time and experience to be able to safely control any motorcycle.

And 26 is still young 馃榿馃槄

Registered
I know this will probably annoy a few of you as I have previously seen discussions of a similar topic!
Passed my DAS 2 months ago and have been trying to find a bike since! (Not easy when your 6ft3 and 19 stone)
I was lucky enough to test ride a 2019 cb1000r and fell in love! Super comfy and the first bike I felt actually fitted me.
I understand this is a weapon of mass destruction and alot for a first bike, I have had mixed opinions from many people so kind of 50/50
I am 26 and would conditioner myself sensible (I understand that means nothing!)

you can kill yourself just as easy on a 500/650 . get training over here in uk we have advanced riding groups . join 1 stay in rain mode for a while . just go for it.

Registered

sorry saw your'e from the UK join iam do the test also the police do a 1 day ride out whhere are you.in the.UK?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
sorry saw your'e from the UK join iam do the test also the police do a 1 day ride out whhere are you.in the.UK?
Thanks for the reply! That would be my plan to keep it in rain mode and get some miles under my belt.
Based in Derbyshire.

Registered
Back in the day I took a buddy's Honda 400(?) for a quick ride and since I wasn't really a rider, I gave it too much throttle and ended up being a bit under prepared for an upcoming turn. I didn't get hurt, and there wasn't much damage to the bike, but the point sort of remains. A motorcycle, even a small one, is generally pretty performant, and you can get yourself into trouble quickly. In the end however, I think more dangerous than over twisting the throttle is learning how to determine which idiots in cages are the ones that are going to cut you off, or pull out in front of you.
I am also about your size and I find that, generally speaking, the bigger bikes fit me better.
Good luck to you!

Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
As long as you use your brain you'll be OK. .However never forget there's no substitute for experience.

That's the thing that will stop you from getting clobbered by the many dead heads out there in their metal boxes.. Mastering the bike is only part way along to becoming a survivor as the public highway is really a bit of a battleground that you HAVE to master to get to my age. Lol.--( 83. )
As others have mentioned it's that throttle hand that dictates your safety on the road.

Reactions: Matto510

Registered
Seems like your licensing system is different- what kind of experience does the license you have require? While it鈥檚 still probably unwise, like Bevo said, rain mode.

Registered
Seems like your licensing system is different- what kind of experience does the license you have require? While it鈥檚 still probably unwise, like Bevo said, rain mode.
He says he passed his DAS2 ... direct access to a full power/unlimited license. He has essentially zero experience.

Rain mode is still 100hp.

A 100hp bike in the hands of a novice is not a good idea.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts