Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a battery last week from this company.--
--as my 7 year old battery was starting to get a bit unreliable.---Good prices. Great range.

My old battery was still showing a high voltage when charged but it had really low capacity.
Probably half the plates showing that voltage but the other half not taking a charge any more.
So on pressing the starter button there was too great a voltage drop to fire up the ECU.

Now, however, first touch every time.--:D--No more--will it ?--wont it ?-----------------:yay

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hope u went for Nother yuasa
I did ask about the price from a local dealer but they wanted 198 euros....:banghead

So I bought one of the companies own ones at 40 Euros-----Delivered.----:D

·
Registered
2,494 Posts

My old battery was still showing a high voltage when charged but it had really low capacity.
Probably half the plates showing that voltage but the other half not taking a charge any more.
So on pressing the starter button there was too great a voltage drop to fire up the ECU.

Now, however, first touch every time.--:D--No more--will it ?--wont it ?-----------------:yay
Are we talking about your CB or your pacemaker? :evil :kiss

whipper_snapper_tshirt-p235933257209894286yfvx_400-300x300.jpg

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are we talking about your CB or your pacemaker? :evil :kiss

View attachment 27930
For the bike, bog standard, however for the pacemaker flashed up to Superspeed in the ECU.------------Wheeeeee-----------------Splat !!!!!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Nice! I hope you don't blow the soles of your feet off with all that extra power.

Don't forget, lots of fiber. Gotta keep the exhaust valve in good shape.

Kickstand still hangin' in there, mon amie?

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! I hope you don't blow the soles of your feet off with all that extra power.

Don't forget, lots of fiber. Gotta keep the exhaust valve in good shape.

Kickstand still hangin' in there, mon amie?[/QUOTE

Oui (Wee ) sans problem mon pote.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi all, been having a problem with bike recently and would like some advice. I have read all the diagnostic advice but can't seem to find the correct answer. Rode the bike for 25Mi with no issues and parked up but forgot to turn heated grips off for approx 10min and then realised (bugger). Tried to start later to no avail. Hooked up to car battery and eventually with some effort started. Checked the battery and readings with ignition off 15.35. ignition on 15.3 and engine running went up to 17.5 so I'm assuming there is obviously a problem. I have since rerouted the hg through ignition so won't happen again. please advise

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
(Next time start your own thread instead of posting in a 4 year old thread so your question doesn't get ignored.)

There is obviously a problem with a 12v battery reading 15.3v. However, THAT problem actually lies with the meter you are using.

No 12v battery will ever read that high. Try a new battery in your meter first. If it still reads that high, throw it away and get another one. Meters with low batteries, especially cheap meters, are notorious liars.

As for the bike's problem, it also sounds like a battery issue. The 2v increase with the engine running lets us know that the stator and regulator/rectifier are working, even though the actual voltage indicated is wrong.

Reactions: COLVERT

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi, sorry DELuth I thought it would be ok to add to a previous thread but picked an earlier one by mistake. Always had the battery on a tender and apart from the odd hot start issue had no problems but as Colvert has expertly mentioned some of the cells may have been buggered so not charging correctly. Bought a new battery and readings are ign off 12.96 - ign on 12.06 and running 14.24 so all seems well and charging correctly. Also took your advice and replaced the battery in the meter. Thanks for the sound advice

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
No need to apologize. I was just pointing out a better way to get some help.
Those readings are perfect. Glad you got it sorted, my friend!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts