Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted a Barracuda screen to the bike and taken it out for a spin.
The screen seems to make a difference on the motorway and its easier to ride at a higher speed :angel
It didn't take too long to fit but the instructions are of no real help, more of a parts list/ exploded diagram :banghead
Best thing is once fully assembled and fitted if you ever want to remove it you just undo two bolts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,583 Posts
Not to keen on screens on naked bikes but that one I like.
How much and where from

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I purchased it on line I thought it was going to come with a new instrument cowl like the Ermax one as I couldn't imagine how it would fit.
I didn't want to have large'ish brackets like the Puig one so i thought the Barracuda would be a good compromise.
I think its a good design as it seems (to me anyway) to take in and continue the angles already working on the side panels and the rest of the bike.
I don't think it stands out to much as an 'aftermarket' part either. :clap

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got one of these too, bought mine directly from the manufacturer in Italy! Ordered it on the Thursday and UPS delivered it the following Tuesday.

For me it makes a big difference to the windblast, sustained 80mph cruising no longer requires a "grip of death" on the bars and the occasional blast up to 100mph is still very comfortable (especially on a windy day) :thumbup

·
Registered
226 Posts
One of the few screens i like the look of supersubby. How does it actually fit to the intrument cowl ? Anything nasty you have to do to the bike to fit it ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing nasty to do to the bike Dregs thankfully.
The screen does not fit to the instrument cowl at all.
A bracket fits to the top of the fork stations ( you are given replacement bolts) and this fit to the bracket on the screen. This holds the screen in place, the lower part of the screen has a foam mooring that rests on the instrument cowl if that makes sense.
In practice the screen is very stable at speed and should you wishto remove it you just remove and replace the station/yoke bolts and the bikes back to standard in minutes

·
Registered
11 Posts
radiation said:
looks nice enough
i really want a screen but i also dont want to spoil the look of the hrc coloured cowl :shake

You should have a word with Skidmarx, they supply screens in clear perspex so they are hardly seen but keep the wind off. They also supply a range of tinted ones. These screens also come with a new cowl drilled and ready to fit so you dont have to alter the original one. Fitting is a piece of pi$$. The provided instructions are clear and concise. A little bracket (supplied) bolts to an existing mounting point and the cowl bolts onto the bracket. This means if you change your mind or sell the bike you can always revert to the original. Check out mine in the "Members Rides" section for pics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any chance of some pictures close up and from other side. Thinking of getting one but need more convincing. Plus I've got rizoma clip on handlebars and not sure if it will affect fitting

·
Registered
170 Posts
looks nice enough
i really want a screen but i also dont want to spoil the look of the hrc coloured cowl :shake
looking good supersubby, the added bonus of being able to remove in minutes is a :thumbup,,,

Radiation,,, If you are looking for a screen that "blends in" with the honda cowl try looking at the s2 concept screen , there are some threads you can search on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts