Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to a Yamaha demo.. tried the FZ10... looks are a little bold but the bike is VERY comfy, makes my Cb ride like a train.. plus the power is insane.

Anyways my only real Cb complaint is the ergonomics, if my bars were slightly raised I think I'd feel more comfy.

I noticed the bar clamps on the fz are higher than my Cb, there has to be an aftermarket set I could buy until Honda re makes the CB1k

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
A set of pivot risers are what you want. Rox makes a nice set.

2" rise with forward and aft adjustment via the pivot style mount.

Bicycle part Auto part Sports gear

Make sure to get the right size, 1-1/8" if memory serves.

Or you can go with the traditional type of riser with a longer set of bolts.

Bicycle part Auto part Technology Robot Vehicle

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like that second set up... the rox are easy to get as they are used on snowmobiles to dirt bikes.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I've only been on the FZ09 and it was not nearly as comfy as my CB which felt like a couch after being on the Yammer. Ergonomics weren't bad, but the saddle was horrible. My ass felt like I was riding a 2x6 pine board after a while.

Is the 10 really that much more comfortable than the 09?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've only been on the FZ09 and it was not nearly as comfy as my CB which felt like a couch after being on the Yammer. Ergonomics weren't bad, but the saddle was horrible. My ass felt like I was riding a 2x6 pine board after a while.

Is the 10 really that much more comfortable than the 09?
Yes it is.. completely different bike... it's probably less aggressive.

The 10 is wider and you sit more upright, it's actually similar to my wife's 16 CB500.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Rox Risers work good. I actually just got a free set of Rox Risers and bars from Rox Speed FX to try out for the Grom since it was a new product combination for the Grom and I somehow was selected to give them a trial and then write a review on.

·
Registered
51 Posts
What made the job difficult /had to be moved I was thinking of ordering some +30mm risers, any chance you could post a picture?
Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have FatBar and I would like a riser too.

Sadly I don't think the wires have enough slack anymore even for a +10mm riser thanks to the wider FatBar.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Okay, I tried 1 & 1/4” Rox risers. Throttle cable was in a bind and hydraulic clutch also. Ordered 20mm SW Motech risers and all fit perfect. I used the Honda top cap by installing longer bolts to preserve the factory look. That wasn’t necessary but I just happen to have four of them in the arsenal of bolts. The 20 mm rise turned out to be absolutely perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah that picture shows the bolts sticking up as I had not yet snugged them down while adjusting the bar where I wanted it. Everything now looks very nice and neat and it rides so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have FatBar and I would like a riser too.

Sadly I don't think the wires have enough slack anymore even for a +10mm riser thanks to the wider FatBar.
20 mm SW Motech were a perfect fit. No cable or anything else had to be rerouted or replaced. Everything is so much better ride wise and it is amazing what a simple 20 mm will do. A whole lot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts