Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have seen this video already:
Casey Stoner owns a Honda CB1000R

So I approached Honda and asked if we'd be able to get some feedback from Casey about his CB1000R. I'm delighted to announce that Honda have very kindly come back to me, asking if we'd like to get some questions from you guys, to ask Casey.

So, if you have anything you'd like to ask Casey, please PM one of the councillors, moderators or administrators, and we'll collate them all and the best ones will be passed on for Casey to answer at the upcoming Sepang test at the end of February.

:thumbup

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And the answers are in! Personally I'd like to thank Casey very much for taking the time to answer these for us, Fiona @ Honda for passing them on, and the Repsol Honda team for agreeing to let us :thumbup

And so, on with the questions and Casey's answers:

HondaCB100R.com: How did you end up with a CB1000R? Was it by choice, or was it a gift? If it was by choice, what made you choose it?
Casey Stoner: It was a choice and I chose that bike because I get to race the fastest and most technically advanced road bikes in the world. With my road bike I look for something that’s comfortable and that I can cruise around on with my wife and that we can ride for a longer period of time in a more comfortable position. I believe the CB offers exactly that and at the same time when I want to have a bit of fun there is still a lot of grunt there and a lot of engine!

HondaCB1000R.com: Have you made any modifications to your CB1000R, and if so what are they?
Casey Stoner: Yes I’ve made a few modifications, I have a Termignoni exhaust on it now and I’ve changed the mirrors and brakes. I changed the brakes mainly due to the fact I am fussy with my brakes and I wanted something that felt a little more like my race bike. For the the mirrors, they look better and the same for the exhaust!

HondaCB1000R.com: Which mods have been the most beneficial and why?
Casey Stoner: I’d say definitely the exhaust, immediately after I changed it the power became a lot more crisp and more responsive. Also the mirrors, the ones I have put on have a slightly wider trim to them so I could change position a little more, and now I don’t need to squeeze my shoulders in so much to see who is behind

HondaCB1000R.com: The forum has a long-standing debate over which colour CB1000R is quickest... so what colour have you got?
Casey Stoner: I have the green one, I’m not sure what the colour is called, I think there are two very similar like a ‘gold’ and a ‘green’ and I’ve got the green one, it’s like a lime green colour. I really like that colour because it’s something different, most bikes are black, white or red and I was drawn to this more unique colour

HondaCB1000R.com: Is there anything you’ve done ‘set-up wise’ to the CB1000R for road riding?
Casey Stoner: At the moment, no, I find that the standard set-up works pretty well. I’m not going out there and going nuts on the public roads so I don’t need something that works perfectly! If I was to do anything I would go a little softer in the springs to be a little better for my weight, but to be honest for the way it is and the way it rides, I probably won’t change a thing

HondaCB1000R.com: Are you a member of HondaCB1000R.com, and if not, why not
Casey Stoner: No, I’m not a member I’m afraid, I don’t really have a lot of time to ride my CB so there’s not a huge amount for me to discuss!

HondaCB1000R.com: What felt more special? Winning the MotoGP world championship or becoming a dad?
Casey Stoner: When you’re a dad it’s something for life, it’s always there every time you look in your child’s eyes or face or see their features, and you get such a sense of achievement and pride. With the MotoGP World Championship, it’s something we’ve been working towards my whole life, it was a great moment, but I believe the moment lasts forever with a child

HondaCB1000R.com: If there was one thing you’d change in your racing career, what would it be?
Casey Stoner: I think there are a few things I would change, not necessarily bad decisions or one thing in particular but a series of things, rides and opportunities we got and we could have had a little more luck. But the way they did happen and the way things have turned out has perhaps shaped me into the rider I am today, and I’m grateful to be where I am

HondaCB1000R.com: What was your favourite ever road bike?
Casey Stoner: I’d have to say my CB1000R, it’s been my favourite bike and ticks every box at the moment. I am very happy with it!

And there you have it chaps. Not many sites give you the opportunity to ask the reigning and two-time MotoGP champ what he thinks of the bike that you ride. I hope you're all pleased with his replies (except those of you who don't have green bikes).

Good luck to Casey in the new season, which kicks off in Qatar on Easter weekend :thumbup

·
Administrator
3,655 Posts
Well who would have guessed it - DRAGON GREEN the fastest.

Anyone want to buy a RED CB1000R only one careful (slow) owner. :lol :lol :lol

Nice scoop Ant :thumbup :clap :clap

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it's worthless now, so I'll take it off your hands if you feel lumbered with it :rollin

·
Administrator
3,655 Posts
Word has got round quickly - my local dealer won't give me what I want for it either :lol :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice :) Like mentioned earlier, a little scoop :) And good for our egos. Proves that we have chosen right ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
:clap top bloke.......

·
Registered
384 Posts
talented top bloke with good taste in colour and women....

didnt know termingnoni did an exhaust for the CB... I can feel a search coming on

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Chris I believe your out for breaking my record "how many slip on cans can I buy"!!!!

smurf_bud said:
talented top bloke with good taste in colour and women....

didnt know termingnoni did an exhaust for the CB... I can feel a search coming on

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
A good read Ant, some good answers there! Who'd of thought it hey? "A green CB for Mr Stoner"! Saying that I bet he's sick of seeing the Repsol colours.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Respect to Casey. :clap

Best bike!!?? The bloke's obviously not ridden a Hornet 900!! :D

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks for that Mel - will be giving that a miss - its one fugly can..... and I could never exceed your prowess as exhaust tester Shaun..

see you soon...

hey not long now buddy... counting the hours yet? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
Well done - good questions and answers. Favourite road bike cb1k ? so safe to assume that Ducati didn't let him have one of theirs? :taunt2

·
Administrator
7,111 Posts
:respekt Excellent stuff . And really good answers from Casey. :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
:clap thanks to all who made this happen, very entertaining read, however I'm not so sure some of those answers weren't made up..... come on..... green? Really? :rollin

1 - 20 of 51 Posts