Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is aimed mainly at those Brits who are expecting delivery of their CB1000R this week: Are you all ready for delivery? As the photos show, and the dealer confirmed to me this morning, my bike is with them and sure to be delivered this week. So I got onto the insurer and sorted my insurance out, and cancelled my Hornet's insurance as transferring it would cost me £200 a year more, but taking out a new policy is £100 more. Since I only renewed mine in April I decided to cancel and delay the next years no-claims by a couple of months. Oh well!

I've got the time off work and the rides planned already, I can't wait. Mine will be delivered to my door however, rather than me picking it up. I wanted to collect it but Doble are some 175 miles away and my Hornet's rear tyre won't last the distance. I didn't fancy the M25/M1 ride all the way home either (square tyres!) so I paid up. Fingers crossed the weather will be good and I'll be out on it immediately :thumbup

So, what about the rest of you?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Yes antnee all ready this end, for friday 9am im bikeless now took me hornet in to day he placed it straight into the show room so it did not get dusty :p

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha, excellent! I shall be giving mine the once over; I don't like to hand a bike over in a filthy state. I once had a CBF500 while mine was in for a service and it was filthy when they gave it to me. I wiped it down before I returned it. Got to take the belly pan and undertray off this week too. Little jobs

·
Registered
353 Posts
Get mine 9am Friday. Insurance sorted. Had day off already as I am going to Barcelona for the weekend (booked before I knew the launch date obviously), my flight is at 3.20pm so I will have about 4 hours to ride before I have to put it away for the weekend. :cool

Lets all pray together for a sunny day :pray

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PaulTuono said:
Lets all pray together for a sunny day :pray
Way ahead of you on that one Paul! I'm praying for a fortnight of great weather after it too! :lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am so jellous of you all. I have been bikeless since February now and I am starting to exhibit some severe withdrawl symptoms. Its all I can do to stop rocking backwards and forwards and dribbling on myself to type this.

Make sure you all leave enough time in you first day with the bike to give us all a write up and let us know if it is living up to your expectations.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can be sure you'll get quite an extensive review from me Buster, don't worry about that!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Weather not looking so good now for Friday might hold off picking up the cb1000r.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, it's gone from sunshine to sunny intervals locally now :( Not looking good, but I ride all year round so it's not the end of the world

1 - 10 of 10 Posts