Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Expecting to see my new CB yesterday ( just to confirm colour choice as I'd prefer to see all colours before paying) as my local dealer only gets bikes delivered on a Tuesday. None came in then :angry so best they can say is they MAY come in next Tuesday - just a few days from launch date. This cannot be good for sales surely ??

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
The official circular I saw from Honda stated delivery from the 27th June and I'm not aware of any UK dealers having them at the moment.... look forward to next week... the wait will be worth it :)

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Speaking to Doble yesterday, apparently they can prepare 40 bikes a day if they have to, and no dealer is getting 40 bikes, so there's nothing to worry about regarding whether they'll be ready or not, but I agree with Dan, they have always said the bikes will turn up on the 27th, not a day before

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
they have always said the bikes will turn up on the 27th, not a day before
Which probably means that Honda have them crated up and ready to go in some UK dock now :)

My Yamaha was shipped into Gravesend I think (Kent)... if the Honda's come in the same way then it's not too far from Doble motorcycles... but a good few hours drive to other parts of the UK and a full day for Scotland.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Yes Honda and the dealers are crap my dealer rang me today to tell me thy won,t have deliveries of the cb1000r till next Thursday the only day of the week he gets a batch of bikes then said mine would be ready first thing Friday morning confirmed from Honda. :hand :angry :angry :angry

·
Registered
668 Posts
no it won,t and what really pisses me off is he told me to get the insurance changed for the 28th this Saturday which i did so he could release the bike to me, so this Saturday i have to take me hornet in as from 11am no insurance just toying with the idea shall i shan't i shall i shan't i fcuking cancel and thy can stick it up there arse :bs :bs :bs :bs :bs :bs :bs thats all we seam to hear :bs :bs :bs :bs :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry :angry

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
:welcome ST400... please go and introduce yourself properly...points well made :) :respekt

Alan.. seems to me that your dealer is the one at fault here... making promises he could never keep... Honda was crystal clear about the release and delivery date.... to be honest I though they would be late but they seem to be on schedule.

I can post the content of the letter they sent out publicly but I can send you a personal message with the basic wording.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Yeh dealers at fault been telling me porkeys its not till we get to the end date to find out the truth makes me so angry.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Be worthwhile when you get on that fantastic new bike....

I'm sure you will be grinning from ear to ear......

:lol

·
Registered
668 Posts
Long phone call after the :bs It will be Friday the 4th 9am sharp.Does that clear it up ant.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Seams to me dealers say what thy like to get a sale and that includes the :bs I have not seen any paper work to confirm it would be the 4th July only hearsay it should be on the order form and part of the process of when you order a new bike though a Honda dealership when thy take your money.As i remember well before April some main dealers was saying that thy would have the first demo bikes in for test ride more :bs I phoned Honda about this and thy were not pleased that the main dealerships was advertising this was told the dealers would be contacted and sorted and thy were,and Honda apologized for this so i believe in some ways Honda are to blame for not having tighter control on there dealerships and in the way thy advertise and not looking after their clients with hard cash to buy their motorcycles. :thumbup

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
ALAN said:
Long phone call after the :bs It will be Friday the 4th 9am sharp.Does that clear it up ant.
Yes mate, thanks

The CB1000R tour, as we understood it, was organised by Honda UK, but Honda Europe weren't pleased as it would've given us Brits quite a scoop. We were hoping to be able to test a bike around the same time as the world's press, but after Honda Europe caught wind they put a stop to it. Not forced to be the way that it actually happened, but from what I heard from some dealers, and an email to me from Honda themselves, it sounds like that's what happened with that

1 - 18 of 18 Posts