Honda CB1000R Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
4,048 Posts
I’m on the S1000R forum and it’s just about the bike - no stupid typical ‘biker banter’ bs that normally revolves around threads such as ‘riding in shorts in summer’ and ‘asked to remove my helmet in a petrol station’ drivel - normally accompanied by a load of bigoted posts and pictures. This forum went through a phase like that and it’s boring. Instead like the BM forum it has friendly members sharing useful info about the bike, swapping parts and having some good discussions revolving around the machine itself. If you want the normal rubbish it’s best to use the 90% of bike forums that still run like that. I was a mod on the Hornet forum and met a lot of great people there, but some of the threads quickly went downhill from time to time. So it is what it is.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Agree.
Problem with Facebook (apart from the ads) is they are of little use if anyone has a problem.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Agree.
Problem with Facebook (apart from the ads) is they are of little use if anyone has a problem.
Indeed... howdy mate... if you haven't completely disappeared.

Tifa was indeed a very active member in the early days, but you know people come and go.... and yes Facebook is killing forums but forums have the knowledge and experience.

It is a shame it's so quiet here though. :(

·
Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
4,004 Posts
Indeed... howdy mate... if you haven't completely disappeared.

Tifa was indeed a very active member in the early days, but you know people come and go.... and yes Facebook is killing forums but forums have the knowledge and experience.

It is a shame it's so quiet here though. :(
DAN !!!!!!!!!!! Where have you been ?????

·
Registered
553 Posts
I've come from several Aprilia forums where there's an abundance of vibrancy, fun and information...
But nothing here...almost dead...
I came back here a few weeks ago after buying a CBthou and...well...wtf.....Dear God....I just can't believe the apathy here....
I think I was maybe one of the earliest website members?
Came here originally when it was my intention to swap from a Hornet900 to a CB in 2008?
Posted on the Hornets Nest for several years...got to know many of this sites founders.
Didn't used to be like this.

Are you a 'lurker' sitting in the shadows?
Too shy to make an intro?
Too bored?
Done it all before?
Can't be arsed?
Whatever...

There will maybe come a time when you will need the 'collectives' help, or opinions to sort your CB...you will get a better response if the board 'knows' you...so please do not sit on the side lines...post up.. get involved...no matter how trivial.

The silence is fu*king deafening.

rant over
could not agree more mate

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
FaceBook is for the most part awful.
The stupidity there is strong.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Prior buying my CB1kR I would snoop around this website. Joined after buying. I'll share what I can but these Hondas are pretty reliable.

I'll keep posting pictures. May start some picture threads with a theme.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts