Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come from several Aprilia forums where there's an abundance of vibrancy, fun and information...
But nothing here...almost dead...
I came back here a few weeks ago after buying a CBthou and...well...wtf.....Dear God....I just can't believe the apathy here....
I think I was maybe one of the earliest website members?
Came here originally when it was my intention to swap from a Hornet900 to a CB in 2008?
Posted on the Hornets Nest for several years...got to know many of this sites founders.
Didn't used to be like this.

Are you a 'lurker' sitting in the shadows?
Too shy to make an intro?
Too bored?
Done it all before?
Can't be arsed?
Whatever...

There will maybe come a time when you will need the 'collectives' help, or opinions to sort your CB...you will get a better response if the board 'knows' you...so please do not sit on the side lines...post up.. get involved...no matter how trivial.

The silence is fu*king deafening.

*rant over*

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My post counts shouldn't come into this, however, to bring you up to date...

Joined this forum in 2007, was going to buy a CB at that time, but didn't.
So no point throwing up posts for the sake of it, as I'd have nothing much to offer?
Previous to that though, posted on Hornets Nest, (The parent of this site) where I met and got to know most of the founders.
Exchanged loads of banter with them...exciting times, couldn't wait for the CB to be launched...but that was all on the Nest.
Post counts were reset there a few years back, from memory, I had in excess of 4000.
DAN on Admin here could confirm that.
Subequently bought an Aprilia Tuono so started posting on Aprilia sites?
On Aprilia sites, I think I've had a little input.
Aprilia AF1forums I have over 7000 posts....Aprilia RSVR.net I have over 1700 posts....TuonoWorld I have over 4000 posts.
But it's not about the postcount.

I'm simply staggered at how quiet it is here.
I was hoping to 'spark' some sort of debate around this and kinda get things going?

Seems not.
You think it's ok?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm happy my English isn't that good cuz I don't understand but the op seems a bit unhappy or something.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I would participate in this thread, but I'm just not interested.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Limited activity could be due to:
low numbers of new or prospective owners,
Non availability in some markets,
Difficulty in finding the forum (not all will have been fans of the previous model and already forum members)

For my part I’m a fan of forums and post, as well as lurke on many. I guess being a new model with relatively low take up, its going to take time to flush out issues and fixes, modifications, as well as generating “banter”

I’ll try ��

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, yawn indeed.
If you'd have managed to say awake in class you'd maybe have a better grasp of your language.
Interesting also that you'd rather troll the thread rather than add value.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I went with an ironic joke because I don't know what else would add value to a rant thread titled "Apathy..." :notme

·
Registered
161 Posts
The thread itself is an ironic joke!
Tifa, I have to say it seems like you're really keen to start an argument with someone.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Wow. I wasn't aware that just because I own a particular bike, I have to spend every day on a forum generating random noise about it. One wonders if you're the sort of dude who loves the sound of his own voice IRL too.

Some of us only speak when we have something of value to say ...

·
Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
4,006 Posts
You know what ???---I was really happy on here for the last nine years like a pig in poo.----Then some guy comes along and says I'm apathetic. Now I feel really sad.---------------------:cry

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
And the best answer is.....

CB1kR riders love their bikes sooooooo much that they are always out riding and don't have time for interwebz. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
There will maybe come a time when you will need the 'collectives' help, or opinions to sort your CB...you will get a better response if the board 'knows' you...so please do not sit on the side lines...post up.. get involved...no matter how trivial.

The silence is fu*king deafening.

*rant over*

Tifa, I'll take your comment at face value, and as an encouragement for members ( and lurkers) to post. This is a quiet forum, with a solid but not huge core of participating users. I get plenty of knowledge here when I need it, and I try to 'pay back' by posting interesting and/or relevant and/or bizarre stuff related to the CB. Beyond that, it doesn't bother me that this place is 'quiet'... I am so over the typical FB group storms in a teacup... total vapour... So, I'll opt for quality of over quantity. If you think the former is lacking here, I'd disagree with you. If you think the latter is lacking here, I'd say "so what?" I agree it'd be 'nicer' to have 'more action', but it might not make any of our lives any better.

Btw, nice post! It's good to shake the tree now and again.

EDIT: Tifa, your post has caused me to think, and I've come back to comment further. While I'm fully supportive of the general tenor of your comment, I think you've made a not-uncommon error: you've observed a low level of activity ( which is a fact); but then you've inferred "apathy" as the cause. I don't agree with that inference, nor do I think do other posters. Sovrec nails it: this is a group of 'dedicated' riders, interested in a certain machine, and in sharing information about and experiences with it. The 'volume' ( as in quantity) of posts has no relationship to the 'volume' ( as in loudness) of the voices. "It is what it is"! Participate and enjoy...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts