Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Just wondering has anyone modified the airbox in any way to get better performance other than replacing the filter itself. Have done a search not a lot said about it.
If so what was done.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
I don't recall anyone having done it, but while I was considering possible (slightly extreme) mods I did wonder about fitting 'Blade injectors/ECU etc, but that would most likely require the airbox to be moved to the front of the tank and have the tank continue down to where the current airbox is.

I suspect that is more than what you're planning, and it's also about the limit of how far I took it... ie just thought about it

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
If you want more power/speed then you got the wrong bike,,,, MCN have got a constant hard-on over the street triple (675 engine), but then I think one of them has shares in the other, but not biased in any of their reports! ;)

If the bike is ridden hard to the red line thru the gears, it's more than enough to keep my old ticker pumping! :smoke :thumbup

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
I do think that in some cases the CB does feel like it could do with a little more oomph, but that may well be more down to gearing than the power. It would be nice to have a bit more pull at lower revs, but only if you don't sacrifice the top-end. Overall though I love the CB engine :thumbup

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies
It was just a thought I know its something that they do to the FZ1 with great results.
Very happy with the performance gave it a speed test yesterday topped out at indicated 240kmh not to bad I thought for a naked bike. I have been playing over the last week and have also managed to pull it up on the back wheel in 3rd gear my daytona was to front heavy to do that. :thumbup

·
Registered
100 Posts
Antnee said:
I do think that in some cases the CB does feel like it could do with a little more oomph, but that may well be more down to gearing than the power. It would be nice to have a bit more pull at lower revs, but only if you don't sacrifice the top-end. Overall though I love the CB engine :thumbup
i must admit i find it strange to think its lacking in oomph its the first bike i`ve had that i actually think needs a steering damper cause the front end goes as light as fook at the drop of a hat and soon shakes its head. Perhaps i just open the throttle a bit wider than most... :lick and when yer do.. :yay

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Antnee said:
Personally I liked the light feel from the front. Not ideal, I know, but it suited me
Does wiggle its front end abit on the twisteez when pushing,but all in all a good machine :beer

·
Registered
69 Posts
Antnee said:
drop the front sprocket by 1 tooth,u can really feel it altho the front does have a tendancy 2 rear up on traffic light races :taunt2 :thumbup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts