Honda CB1000R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Glad I found this discussion, I'm seriously considering changing out to these bars. Thanks to all for the links and photos.

Has anyone actually took the leap and fitted these bars to their NSC?
I haven’t taken the dive yet, still on the fence. There hasn’t been a ton of people that are running them that I could find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
133 Posts
Well Swanny, I 'think' the Daytona kit will work for the drop and pullback my hands and wrists are crying for. I'm all day comfortable with the high 'clip- ons' my VFR has, and I would welcome a leaning-into-the-wind posture on the NSC.
I didn't have any success with trying to register on the Deutsche Webike site. It would stall out and never respond. But the Japanese site was kind to me and allowed me to register. They won't be back in the office until the 5th, so I have some time to think about it. I'm ready to order as of right now tho.

Will update here....

· Registered
37 Posts
Well Swanny, I 'think' the Daytona kit will work for the drop and pullback my hands and wrists are crying for. I'm all day comfortable with the high 'clip- ons' my VFR has, and I would welcome a leaning-into-the-wind posture on the NSC.
I didn't have any success with trying to register on the Deutsche Webike site. It would stall out and never respond. But the Japanese site was kind to me and allowed me to register. They won't be back in the office until the 5th, so I have some time to think about it. I'm ready to order as of right now tho.

Will update here....

I'd recommend checking out GetAHammer's updates in that thread. Not as cheap as the Daytona bars, but would be a great setup to get clip-ons to work on the SC80. The triple top clamp can be made for about $500, but I'm thinking of getting the clip-ons and running them with the factory top clamp to see how I like it before spending the money on a custom top clamp.

· Registered
133 Posts
The Daytona bar set arrived today! I am blown away by how quickly they arrived: I ordered them Jan 5th, arrived Jan 12th. 7 days from Japan!! I didn't use any fast freight, just the standard EMS to the States, then USPS from LA. So If anyone else wants to order a set, I'd say go for it.

Hope to mount the bars this weekend!
Furniture Wood Rectangle Textile Outdoor furniture
Wood Rectangle Flooring Tool Linens

· Registered
31 Posts
The Daytona bar set arrived today! I am blown away by how quickly they arrived: I ordered them Jan 5th, arrived Jan 12th. 7 days from Japan!! I didn't use any fast freight, just the standard EMS to the States, then USPS from LA. So If anyone else wants to order a set, I'd say go for it.

Hope to mount the bars this weekend! View attachment 50800 View attachment 50801
Wow that’s very quick!

· Registered
237 Posts
I've always been quite impressed with webike and how fast the products arrive, I've had the same 4-5 day delivery from Japan to Ottawa Canada m, and their prices and selection are just as good or better than everywhere else too. I try as much as possible to order from local shops but when that's not an issue webike is my go to place.

· Registered
31 Posts

Hope to mount the bars this weekend! View attachment 50800 View attachment 50801
Any update?! I’m too eager

· Registered
133 Posts
Any update?! I’m too eager

Well then, finished the project last nite and took her out for a shakedown run today. The Daytona clip-on set does what I wanted: more pull-back and more drop angle at the grips than the stock bars. For me, it's "all in the wrist". The stock bars feel straight as a broomstick and twist my wrists and elbows upwards. Uncomfortable for any distance.
IMHO, the Daytona set is very high quality, well-made and uses stainless steel hardware. My only gripe is that it puts the clutch cable in a really sharp bend between the clutch handle and the instrument panel. I will pursue re-routing the cable.
I actually tried mounting the set "upside down" first for better grip angle. Got everything in place, but there was only an eighth inch clearance between the bottom of the switch housing and the tank. Mmmmm a little too close for comfort.
Switched everything back and mounted them as intended, meaning with the "risers" pointing up.

Hood Tripod Cameras & optics Camera accessory Optical instrument

Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

Sky Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tree Motor vehicle

Plant Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle

Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tire Motor vehicle Tread

Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

· Registered
31 Posts
Well then, finished the project last nite and took her out for a shakedown run today. The Daytona clip-on set does what I wanted: more pull-back and more drop angle at the grips than the stock bars. For me, it's "all in the wrist". The stock bars feel straight as a broomstick and twist my wrists and elbows upwards. Uncomfortable for any distance.
IMHO, the Daytona set is very high quality, well-made and uses stainless steel hardware. My only gripe is that it puts the clutch cable in a really sharp bend between the clutch handle and the instrument panel. I will pursue re-routing the cable.
I actually tried mounting the set "upside down" first for better grip angle. Got everything in place, but there was only an eighth inch clearance between the bottom of the switch housing and the tank. Mmmmm a little too close for comfort.
Switched everything back and mounted them as intended, meaning with the "risers" pointing up.

View attachment 50833
View attachment 50837
View attachment 50838
View attachment 50836
View attachment 50835
View attachment 50834
View attachment 50832
Man these look fantastic.. I’m about to pull the trigger on these. Did you run into any issues with the install?

· Registered
133 Posts
Man these look fantastic.. I’m about to pull the trigger on these. Did you run into any issues with the install?

Thanks, Swanny! No issues, really... if you take the actual handlebars out of the risers, you will see a very small pin sticking out of the closed end of the bar. This is a locating pin, it fits into a hole inside of the riser. When you slide the bar back into the riser, rotate the bar so you feel that pin engage and slide into its hole. The handlebars come pre-drilled for the bar end weights and the switch housing locating pins. That's nice, but understand that if you don't like the position of the switch housings and clutch/brake levers when you have everything together, you'll need to drill new holes for your positioning preference. No biggie. Most important is to check switch housing to tank clearance before you torque fasteners the final time.

It's high quality Japanese manufactured, and Webike service is exemplary.

· Registered
31 Posts
Thanks, Swanny! No issues, really... if you take the actual handlebars out of the risers, you will see a very small pin sticking out of the closed end of the bar. This is a locating pin, it fits into a hole inside of the riser. When you slide the bar back into the riser, rotate the bar so you feel that pin engage and slide into its hole. The handlebars come pre-drilled for the bar end weights and the switch housing locating pins. That's nice, but understand that if you don't like the position of the switch housings and clutch/brake levers when you have everything together, you'll need to drill new holes for your positioning preference. No biggie. Most important is to check switch housing to tank clearance before you torque fasteners the final time.

It's high quality Japanese manufactured, and Webike service is exemplary.
Thank you for that write up! That’ll absolutely help the install process. If you wouldn’t mind, would you mind taking a couple pictures of the entire bike with the bars, please? I’m curious how it looks with the bar end mirrors too (that’s what I’m also running).

· Registered
133 Posts
Thank you for that write up! That’ll absolutely help the install process. If you wouldn’t mind, would you mind taking a couple pictures of the entire bike with the bars, please? I’m curious how it looks with the bar end mirrors too (that’s what I’m also running).

I'll snap a couple this afternoon, Swanny!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts