Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

I’m installing a few things on my bike and I was hoping to find some torque values online.I can’t seem to find anything and before I shell out $60 for the service manual I thought I’d ask if any of you have it? Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
404 Posts
If it's exhaust system components, you can use the awesome installation instructions provided by Akrapovič for the NSC on their website.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's exhaust system components, you can use the awesome installation instructions provided by Akrapovič for the NSC on their website.
I’m installing some heated grips and the quick shifter. Have to remove the seat and tank and just want to make sure I don’t over tighten anything when I put it back

·
Registered
42 Posts
I’m installing some heated grips and the quick shifter. Have to remove the seat and tank and just want to make sure I don’t over tighten anything when I put it back
I wouldn't really worry about torque on the tank. I did the QS myself as well and it wasn't a big deal. I used like a 3" tall tupperware dish to hold the tank up. Not sure if you have the QS instructions but I made an addendum that you will need to know about here: Quick Shifter

·
Registered
05 919; 14 CB1000R; 18 CB1000R
171 Posts
Seat bolts: "tighten bolts securely"
Fuel tank mounting bolts: "7 lbf-ft, 10 n-m, 1.0 kgf-m"

On the tank cover, make sure the rubber tab holders don't dislodge. They are where the bottom of the tank cover sits.

·
Registered
108 Posts
There's verbiage I've seen in aviation maintenance written by engineers. Goes like this: "tighten until a sharp rise in torque is felt. Then continue one quarter turn." Definitely notice the sharp rise in torque; however, I'd be cautious of the quarter turn. For instance that could be too much for steel fasteners into aluminum such as case covers. It could be too much for even steel fasteners into steel frame points. Where there is a bolt/screw and a nut this is a safe place to apply and gain experience. Of course until a torque value is obtained. ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seat bolts: "tighten bolts securely"
Fuel tank mounting bolts: "7 lbf-ft, 10 n-m, 1.0 kgf-m"

On the tank cover, make sure the rubber tab holders don't dislodge. They are where the bottom of the tank cover sits.
Great thanks!! Those bolts were really tight for me and I was soo nervous I was cross threading
them. Checked them like 10x but they were good, just tight.
Any chance you have the torque value for the bolt that holds the shifter on (clamp bolt and the bottom pivot point)?

·
Registered
05 919; 14 CB1000R; 18 CB1000R
171 Posts
Great thanks!! Those bolts were really tight for me and I was soo nervous I was cross threading
them. Checked them like 10x but they were good, just tight.
Any chance you have the torque value for the bolt that holds the shifter on (clamp bolt and the bottom pivot point)?
Gearshift pivot bolt: 20 lbf-ft
Pinch bolt: "tighten securely"

Note: "Apply grease to the gearshift pedal pivot sliding area (grease groove) of the pivot bolt"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts