Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Would like to get other Aussie riders of the CB1000r impressions and ideas of Modifications and areas to improve the bike..

Also possibly any riders from Perth W.A. where I am also, for a meet up and chat/talk bout your experiences with your CB1000r.

Ozzi Ozzi Ozzi, Oi Oi Oi :thumbup

·
Registered
618 Posts
G'day there mate, Welcome along to the forum..Yeah there's not many of us Aussie riders on here, mainly because there's not many of these bikes here in Aus..
I live on the other side of the country from you in Beautiful Queensland, on the sunny Gold Coast..So I don't think I'll be riding near your way any time soon..
As for mods for this bike, there is a lot you can do..It depends on whether your after performance mods or just some bling..I personally go for a bit of both but losing the original can and cat is a major improvement imo and a good start..But some people love the original can and everyone is different. Eitherway you will love your bike even more with whatever you do to it..
Enjoy mate..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With regards to mods on my CB1000r, I have an arrow system which has removed the cat and looks sweet as. Also a PCV has been installed, with a Speedohealer.
Other than that it is stock. Looking at doing front and rear suspension mods/tweeks. Front forks are going in for new seals, and will do springs while there for more my weight. Rear I have to do more research in regard to changing this.

Also I am wanting to do something more for the Cafe style, maybe clip ons or low bars. Dont really like a flat bar as I prefer a narrow grip on the bar coming form GSXR's of the 750 and over breed. Had this type of bars on my Z1000 I had ago.

Anyhow I have to go as I am about to watch young Jack Miller hopefully make Argentina his 3rd Podium of the year.

·
Registered
46 Posts
G'day Daz. Another from the east coast here. Wauchope nsw- road and dirtbike heaven! As well as de cat I recommend the Honda quick-turn throttle tube. Very few of these bikes around here.
Rough as guts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi there,

Would like to get other Aussie riders of the CB1000r impressions and ideas of Modifications and areas to improve the bike..

Also possibly any riders from Perth W.A. where I am also, for a meet up and chat/talk bout your experiences with your CB1000r.

Ozzi Ozzi Ozzi, Oi Oi Oi :thumbup
Hey Daz. I live in Freo and just bought a CB1000R.
You don't happen to work somewhere near Myaree do you?
I see a black CB turn down Norma most mornings.

Can't bloody wait to pick up mine at the end of month. Hopefully this dude buys my FZ6R this weekend so I have the cash to get it this weekend. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Been reading a lot about the Power Commander. Rode pretty smooth during my test ride. Not sure I would spend the coin for a few HP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts