Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, now we know the standard seat isn't really very good for doing loads of miles, has anyone considered the Alcantara replacement seat? I don't think I'd want the black/beige one, but the black/grey might not be a terrible idea :blah

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
My test ride was 40 mins and during that time I had no problems at all with the standard seat. I'll not be buying any other seats untl I have ridden a few all day outings; but if I can survive the stock seat on the R1200R I am sure I can survive anything!

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the R1200R seat a bit harsh Hass? People have basically said the seat is very firm, and will be uncomfortable after 80 miles,. I do occasionally go that far, but I must admit not very often

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Antnee said:
Is the R1200R seat a bit harsh Hass? People have basically said the seat is very firm, and will be uncomfortable after 80 miles,. I do occasionally go that far, but I must admit not very often
The R1200R seat causes pain after about 30-40 mins of riding. It has a weird hard bump in it that causes real pain. The Honda seat was a dream by comparison.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts