Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone.
Just bought a 2019 cb1000R with an akrapovic full system with the short can (picture below).
It sounds insanely good, But also unbearably loud.
I've looked in this forum and saw that the longer can is advised to reduce the sound to a bearable level.
That indeed is an option, but quite an expensive one.

So i'm looking around to figure out if there is a way to fit a baffle in the short can. Doesn't look like akrapovic offers one for this model. Would anyone have any suggestion about how/where i could get one ?
I know i can go back to the original headers and use the akra can, but for now i'm looking into keeping the akra headers, and weighing out all my options.

Also,
A friend of mine is selling an sc-project can (which comes with a baffle) from a kawasaki Z900. i'm not yet sure if it's compatible with the CB.
even if it was compatible, how advisable is it to use that can with the akrapovic headers ?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Mintaj.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
772 Posts
1. There is no picture
2. "For perfect performance, throttle response, and durability, special mapping developed by Akrapovič R&D in collaboration with our partner Rapid Bike by Dimsport has to be used."
3. Does it have a Rapid Bike module and map?
4. If it does have a Rapid Bike map, the performance might be different with another slip-on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I always thought that any tuning for a full system was 95% due to the changes in restrictions / cats etc from the pipework, and maybe 5% for the end can.

So keeping the headers etc & just changing out the end can shouldn;t be a problem for fuelling.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
1. There is no picture
2. "For perfect performance, throttle response, and durability, special mapping developed by Akrapovič R&D in collaboration with our partner Rapid Bike by Dimsport has to be used."
3. Does it have a Rapid Bike module and map?
4. If it does have a Rapid Bike map, the performance might be different with another slip-on.
Cylinder Bicycle part Rim Auto part Gas

i had created another post with the image, but that post was never validated by an admin (after 3days). so i created another post without the image, and forgot to remove the text "picture below" :ROFLMAO:.

Yes it does come with a rapid bike EVO. i've never used a powercommander before, and finding the right information on it is proving to be tougher than i expected.

let's say, i swap out the akra can with the scproject can. do i need a new map ?

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
772 Posts
The bike came with a "race use only" slip on.
That's why it's so loud. Replace it with a SC-Project Euro 4 compliant slip-on if you want to quiet down the exhaust. The slip-on will be more restrictive, but the bike should run fine.

FYI, Rapid Bike and Power Commander are two different manufacturers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's why it's so loud. Replace it with a SC-Project Euro 4 compliant slip-on if you want to quiet down the exhaust. The slip-on will be more restrictive, but the bike should run fine.

FYI, Rapid Bike and Power Commander are two different manufacturers.
yeah, the euro 4 compliant slip-on was also advised in another thread. but for now i'm looking for easier/less costly alternatives. i also don't like how that slip-on looks, it's way too big for my liking.

i thought rapid bike was a type of power commander :LOL:. Damn, need to read up on all of this.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
772 Posts
i thought rapid bike was a type of power commander
Power Commander is manufactured by DynoJet, just like the Fireblade is manufactured by Honda.
Rectangle Font Material property Magenta Electric blue

SC-Project makes a variety of slip-ons for this bike. Check out their website.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
772 Posts
YES! this looks way better than both the akra cans.
How do you like the sound of it (bass, volume level etc) ?
Is it loud enough with the stock pipes ?
Not sure if it's any louder than the OEM muffler. I wanted it because the SC-Project slip-on is easier to remove anytime I want to take the rear wheel off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts