Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon 馃憢

My CB1000R will be off to Dynojet next month to be used as the development bike for the new Power Commander unit. I have the official Honda Akrapovic Road slip-on exhaust, stock slip-on, slick slip-on and a set of SS Akrapovic headers on order. I was hoping to get an aftermarket air filter too. Something like a K&N or a DNA. Something more free flowing. Dynojet will be developing maps for all the different configurations.

I鈥檝e had a quick search but couldn鈥檛 find anything. Has anyone seen anything?

Registered
Afternoon 馃憢

My CB1000R will be off to Dynojet next month to be used as the development bike for the new Power Commander unit. I have the official Honda Akrapovic Road slip-on exhaust, stock slip-on, slick slip-on and a set of SS Akrapovic headers on order. I was hoping to get an aftermarket air filter too. Something like a K&N or a DNA. Something more free flowing. Dynojet will be developing maps for all the different configurations.

I鈥檝e had a quick search but couldn鈥檛 find anything. Has anyone seen anything?
Are aftermarket filters any better than stock these days, I'm not sure? I was under the impression that if an aftermarket filter was to allow more air flow through the filter then it must also allow for more particles to be passed as well. If one was purely after a sight performance increase opposed to superior filtration then I suppose you would have to compromise for either better filtration or better air flow and longevity probably isn't a concern. Saying that (and by no means am I attempting to say that an aftermarket filter is a bad choice or not) I haven't come across a decent aftermarket solution yet, am interested in viable suggestions as well as my Akra full headers shouldn't be too far away either.

Registered
agree.
big paper filters flow a lot,usually way more than needed so that when dirty, they still flow more than needed.... K&N really is not that great, unless you run it dry.
if you really want to see how bad stock filter is... run it with filter and then with no filter.
if there is not a significant drop in max power (since filter only restricts at WOT high rpm), then filter is not an issue.
the airbox inlet snorkels tho...??

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmm....worth thinking about. I suppose it鈥檚 just habit that I鈥檝e always swapped out my air filter for a K&N or equivalent

Registered
K&N is much better at marketing than making filters. Over-hyped Pep-Boys level junk IMO.

Reactions: BigOne-94-14
1 - 9 of 9 Posts