Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have just been given a Black Widow decat for my Birthday. Question is as the pipe is not cut at the point where it meets the headers, does it require clamps, because as far as I can see they would have no effect as the pipe isn’t cut and there for unable to tighten? Your thoughts please. Thanks

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
404 Posts
As far as I know there are only two ways to connect exhaust pipes: A clamp or spring.
If there are no attachment points for a spring then you have to use a clamp.

·
Registered
05 919; 14 CB1000R; 18 CB1000R
171 Posts
From the looks of the kit, it just all pushes together with the gaskets and bolts up to the frame. I don't see any clamps in the pictures, and can't find any instructions.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
404 Posts
From the looks of the kit, it just all pushes together with the gaskets and bolts up to the frame. I don't see any clamps in the pictures, and can't find any instructions.
Yup, the two pipes for the delete kit just push together. I can't find any instructions either. Maybe you're supposed to use the OEM clamps to connect the kit to the headers and the slip-on.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yup, the two pipes for the delete kit just push together. I can't find any instructions either. Maybe you're supposed to use the OEM clamps to connect the kit to the headers and the slip-on.
Just went and looked at my 14. Bognorgaz, you should be using the two OEM clamps where the two pipes meet up to the stock headers. After that it hopefully the instructions tell you what to do with that gasket. My guess is, the gasket is used to join the two decat pipes together.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
404 Posts
Quite possibly. I'm a little surprised about no instructions.
SC-Project doesn't have any instructions online either, and those shipped with the slip-on sucked and they offered no torque values. I had to use photos from their website as a reference and Akrapovič instructions for torque values.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All solved, thanks for the advice guys. As it turns out they are not clamped, they are super tight and a thin veneer of the supplied exhaust sealant is all that’s needed. I may have underestimated how loud it would be. Ear splitting is an understatement. Lol

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
404 Posts
All solved, thanks for the advice guys. As it turns out they are not clamped, they are super tight and a thin veneer of the supplied exhaust sealant is all that’s needed. I may have underestimated how loud it would be. Ear splitting is an understatement. Lol
So all the way from the headers to the slip-on there are no clamps?

·
Registered
171 Posts
SC-Project doesn't have any instructions online either, and those shipped with the slip-on sucked and they offered no torque values. I had to use photos from their website as a reference and Akrapovič instructions for torque values.
Yeah, I noticed the SC instructions are a bit lackluster. Got both the headers and the slip on in. Skimmed over the header instructions as I packed it for shipment to Jet-Hot. I'll look over them more later.

I'm glad you got it figured out. Hopefully it holds up, and you got some spare clamps in case you need them down the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts