Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Abba stand and a front headstock stand but until i work out a way of moving the ABS tubes from my headstock '' hole '' i can not use it, has anybody used the Abba front lift arm and if so where do you use the strap ? I do not have crash bobbins to attach it too ?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
image.jpg
I don't have the specific abba front lift but have used a trolley car jack with a piece of wood on under the header pipes in exactly the same way (see above pic) and it works perfectly. Great for tyre changes etc

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have been using a trolley jack for years but just splashed out on the Abba front lift arm for the superbike stand For our bike you need to buy an adapter which fits in the axle recess which allows a strap to pull down the back wheel from the stand and raise the front wheel. I have only used it once and it was a bit of a faff but I'm sure it will get easier.

http://abbastands.co.uk/product-detail.asp?item=front-lift-arm&pid=42

Paul

·
Banned
5,355 Posts
I have been using a trolley jack for years but just splashed out on the Abba front lift arm for the superbike stand For our bike you need to buy an adapter which fits in the axle recess which allows a strap to pull down the back wheel from the stand and raise the front wheel. I have only used it once and it was a bit of a faff but I'm sure it will get easier.

Front Lift Arm - Abba Stands, UK

Paul

Paul gather that's your CB in your avvy ... You got a bigger pic of it you can post up, so we can see what it looks like with your blue wheels :thumbup

·
Banned
5,355 Posts
Looks good..like the way the blue blends into the black on the wheels :thumbup

·
Administrator
4,047 Posts
View attachment 21375
I don't have the specific abba front lift but have used a trolley car jack with a piece of wood on under the header pipes in exactly the same way (see above pic) and it works perfectly. Great for tyre changes etc
me too - £10 from machine mart and you can also adjust the height too if so required - rarely use paddock stands now - always the abba !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts