Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few weeks I'd noticed a lot of pushbikes and scooters pushed over or chucked in the street. This morning it was my turn at about 05.00; some **nt pushed my bike over. :angry :angry :angry
It woke me - first the crash then the alarm. I was out of my bedroom and at the window (3rd floor) before the alarm shut off, he obviously ran because he was way down the street and I heard other things crashing to the ground.
Don't think it's a drunk, more like one of those agressive types that talk out loud to themselves.

Anyway, it took until about 9 before anyone came along that was willing to help me lift it up. It fell on its LH side.
Damage? the LH bar end seems to have taken the brunt, the clutch lever is scratched. Haven't noticed anything else so far, forgot to look at the state of the crash bung. The bike cover is ripped and needs replacing so hopefully thats all. It started OK.

Seems strange to me that it fell on its LH side and the sidestand was still down?

Hopefully I've got off lightly but am now worried it's going to happen again sometime.
:(

Stu

Stu

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Hope its all ok.

So when you testing out the CB. Mine arrived yesterday and the monnie has gone. Was very sorry to see it go, But managed to get out today and starting to loose that feeling.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Oh crap, that really sucks Stu, really sorry to hear that. I had my Hornet pushed over while I was in the doctors a couple of years ago and it too fell on its left side. I still don't know what happened. Did I not put the stand down properly (seems unlikely), did kids push it over, or did someone reverse into it? All I know is that it was the first time I'd taken this bike out, ever, and it did £1700 worth of damage by damaging engine casings, the seat unit and the rear swingarm. :angry

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Sad news Stu. :thumbdown People like that have no regard for other people or their property and the only thing that they may take note of is a damn good kicking!! I don't normally advocate this sort of punishment but I truly believe that it's appropriate in this instance.

Would I be right in thinking that the cover saved it from more scratches?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys.
Yes the cover has probably saved a few scratches, the clutch lever is not as badly damaged as I had expected and the mirror has been swung right around but is not marked. Left rear indicator doesn't align as well as it did but it hardly notices. Crash bobbins prove their value once again.
I think i've been 'lucky' beacause it seems like it's been pulled over to the left and then let go of at the last moment. It was on the side stand so if it had been pushed over to the right it would have fallen much further.

When I came downstairs and found the bike laying on its LH side the side stand was still down and the crash bobbins did their job and kept the plastics off the ground...

Anyway, I hope the alarm might deter them from doing it again - have to wait and see....
As far as I can tell (haven't ridden it today the damage seems to be limited to a new bar end and new cover which I probably would have bought before the winter anyway. Nowhere as bad as your Hornet Antnee, that's awful.

Think i'm in for a sleepness night tonight. :(

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Well it's good to hear it's not as bad as it sounded, but still :angry

My Hornet was magically fixed by the insurance fairies, so apart from meaning I have higher premiums than I used to, it's not all bad :smoke

·
Registered
14 Posts
thats why i love y nice big shop and garage :book but i was at walmart last year same thing happend with my 599 lucky it was on video the [email protected]# [email protected]@ bought all new parts so i wouldnt press charges jerk :angry sorry to here about you bike its a 599 ahem hornet to ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts