Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doble motorcycles will be checking in on the messageboard every day or so and will do their best to answer any questions you may have.

You might have a technical question or just want to find out how much a part is likely to cost or whether they can provide it.

Whatever the question you can ask Doble Motorcycles right here! :thumbup

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
A big thank you to Doble for this :thumbup :clap

Please make all individual queries a new thread for ease of use, rather than tag onto someone else's thread :thumbup

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Some thing every one wants to know .Do Honda Dealer workshops have the facility via Honda engine management equipment to adjust fuelling for aftermarket exhausts etc as suggested on this forum ?? I personally think not but would be happy to be proved wrong! :thumbup

·
Banned
5,355 Posts
Hello Doble, why are the downpipes on the CB so prone to rust, with out riding in the rain, seems to be most if not all CB's suffer with it, would this be valid under warranty, dont get me wrong dont mind cleaning me bike but its probably every time you get home signs of rust are grinning through.

·
Banned
5,355 Posts
Antnee said:
How do you suppose stainless-steel pipes are rusting?
point being, none of my other bikes have been as bad, and its only a year old, and to answer a question with a question is not an answer ,and rainman my G strings are washed once a month, whether they need it or not :smoke

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
I wasn't answering, I was nullifying (?) your question. It is no longer a question, just a statement of universal impossibility and therefore the musings of a mad man (say's me?)

·
Banned
5,355 Posts
Antnee said:
I wasn't answering, I was nullifying (?) your question. It is no longer a question, just a statement of universal impossibility and therefore the musings of a mad man (say's me?)
That must be some good stuff you is a smoking, any chance of an 1/2 ounce? :thumbup

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
Mr Nice said:
Hello Doble, why are the downpipes on the CB so prone to rust, with out riding in the rain, seems to be most if not all CB's suffer with it, would this be valid under warranty, dont get me wrong dont mind cleaning me bike but its probably every time you get home signs of rust are grinning through.

Stainless steel is exactly that..... It is stain less, not impervious to the elements, or stail proof. Rub your downpipes with normal wire wool (Made from iron) and they will definately go rusty, as the carbon will infect the downpipes.

Stainless has many different grades, and the CB's downpipes are about as low as it gets. They add Chromium to make them corrosion resistant, and Nickel to add temperature resistance. The trouble is that they don't add much of either, so the downpipe resistance to corrosion is fairly low.

Hope this helps.

Gargy.

·
Banned
5,355 Posts
Gargoyle said:
Mr Nice said:

Stainless steel is exactly that..... It is stain less, not impervious to the elements, or stail proof. Rub your downpipes with normal wire wool (Made from iron) and they will definately go rusty, as the carbon will infect the downpipes.

Stainless has many different grades, and the CB's downpipes are about as low as it gets. They add Chromium to make them corrosion resistant, and Nickel to add temperature resistance. The trouble is that they don't add much of either, so the downpipe resistance to corrosion is fairly low.

Hope this helps.

Gargy.
Gargy , that does help, well explained, would of thought being a Honda they would of used a better grade, suppose it comes down to keeping thier cost down, which i think is wrong.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.