Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Last year I bought a 2021 Honda CB1000R and I installed a full akrapovic exhaust system, but now i need to tune it. I've looked everywhere and called places to get it tuned but everyone is saying that i would need a power commander for the 2021 year because the software is different. Please let me know if anyone can help with this or at least navigate me where I need to look... I'm in NJ by the way.

Thank you for all the help.

·
Registered
2022 Black Edition
74 Posts
I’m sure someone (probably in the US) has tried but I don’t think the Euro5 versions can be tuned, easily anyway. The ECU’s are locked or whatever the correct phrase is. The whole system from air box to exhaust is factory matched and set so making any changes could mess things up. A decent slip on alone would probably be ok but a full de-cat system for example will mess things up a lot. I wouldn’t run it like that TBH. Mine is bog standard and find the performance superb so have no desire to meddle.

·
Registered
854 Posts
euro5 can be flashed with the woolich tune.
power commander is something from the 90`

·
Registered
Honda CB1000R 2021
17 Posts
Hello,
Last year I bought a 2021 Honda CB1000R and I installed a full Akrapovic exhaust system, but now i need to tune it. I've looked everywhere and called places to get it tuned but everyone is saying that i would need a power commander for the 2021 year because the software is different. Please let me know if anyone can help with this or at least navigate me where I need to look... I'm in NJ by the way.

There has been some discussion about this in the past. I dont think there is anything available atm with regards to a Power Commander (or equivalent) for the 21 onwards model. I have had some correspondence with Woolich racing, and here is what the have to say:
Font Number Document Terrestrial plant Screenshot

Bare in mind that this conversation was from early August so it may or may not have been resolved. Rapid Bike list compatibility with their New Genius tool: New Genius . But I dont know enough about it or tuning to know if this is a solution for reflashing the ECU. I have contacted them to ask for further information but havent received anything as of yet.

·
Super Moderator
2019 CB1000R
1,714 Posts
Hello,
Last year I bought a 2021 Honda CB1000R and I installed a full akrapovic exhaust system, but now i need to tune it. I've looked everywhere and called places to get it tuned but everyone is saying that i would need a power commander for the 2021 year because the software is different. Please let me know if anyone can help with this or at least navigate me where I need to look... I'm in NJ by the way.

From the Akrapovič website:
For perfect performance, throttle response, and durability, special mapping developed by Akrapovič R&D in collaboration with our partner Rapid Bike by Dimsport has to be used. Please visit Akrapovic , where you can download the mapping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts