Honda CB1000R Forum banner

2021 CB1000R, Phone, Bluetooth and the Like ...

10K views 44 replies 8 participants last post by  ArtyY 
#1 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong, so this Bluetooth feature in the 2021 CB allows connectivity with your phone. In order for me to take full advantage of it, I would need a Sena-like device slipped onto my helmet for this to be useful (responding to urgent phone calls or what naught).

Are there other avenues of usage? Please enlighten.

PS: Not sure if I want to respond to phones or text messages, though, when I am riding. So, I'm asking more out of curiosity how this could work.

#3 ·
I can't be sure.
Official Honda website says nothing about it but some reviewers say it's there.

#4 ·
Kinda weird American Honda would leave it off their website if it's available when they've got this for the Goldwing:

ANDROID AUTO INTEGRATION
Do you prefer an Android phone? We have you covered! Now the 2021 Gold Wing fully integrates with your phone, thanks to Android Auto. That means you can connect your android phone to your Gold wing to access Google Assistant, and to use navigation tools like Google Maps, Waze, and more. Plus, you’ll have access to weather, playlists, music-streaming services and telephone numbers. Available Bluetooth*-compatible headsets let you communicate easily too.

*For using Android Auto, connection to a commercially available Bluetooth headset is necessary. Please refer to your Bluetooth headset manufacturer for optimal audio settings for use with Android Auto.

STANDARD ON: ALL TRIMS

#5 ·
Kinda weird American Honda would leave it off their website if it's available when they've got this for the Goldwing:

ANDROID AUTO INTEGRATION
Do you prefer an Android phone? We have you covered! Now the 2021 Gold Wing fully integrates with your phone, thanks to Android Auto. That means you can connect your android phone to your Gold wing to access Google Assistant, and to use navigation tools like Google Maps, Waze, and more. Plus, you’ll have access to weather, playlists, music-streaming services and telephone numbers. Available Bluetooth*-compatible headsets let you communicate easily too.

*For using Android Auto, connection to a commercially available Bluetooth headset is necessary. Please refer to your Bluetooth headset manufacturer for optimal audio settings for use with Android Auto.

STANDARD ON: ALL TRIMS
Yea, I'd think it does not make sense from the software point of view to turn this OFF for the US market when they have already tested it for the Euro market.
But, then again, it may be done due to the Legal dept ... not sure.

#17 ·
One thing the CB that stands out among the competition (like the Yamaha MT-10) is that the fuel consumption is much better, considering the MT only has 30 MPG (gas guzzler, worse than a Honda Civic); although, I have to admit the MT has IMU and std cruise-ctrl.

#18 ·
the only mt10 with a sort of IMU (for the öhlins suspension) is the SP

#20 ·
in EU the 21 cb is more near a standard mt10

Reactions: ArtyY
#24 ·
Honda Smartphone Voice Control system

This feature is not available in the USA and Canada

Connecting your smartphone with the vehicle
and a Bluetooth® headset via Bluetooth®
allows you to operate the smartphone by
voice input from the headset. You can also
use the system by operating switches on the
handlebar.
To use the system, you need to install the
dedicated application on your smartphone
beforehand and pair your smartphone with
the vehicle and the headset.
For terms of service and information on how
to install/operate the dedicated application,
see the following URL:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.