Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start off by pointing out that I just joined this forum, so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place!
This may have been asked in an earlier thread but I couldn't quite find out much.

Is there any general consensus if the 2021 Black Edition will make it to the US market? Cheers!

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
544 Posts
Let me start off by pointing out that I just joined this forum, so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place!
This may have been asked in an earlier thread but I couldn't quite find out much.

Is there any general consensus if the 2021 Black Edition will make it to the US market? Cheers!

View attachment 48857
I'd call American Honda Motor Co., Inc.• Powersports Division
Phone (866) 784-1870
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM PT

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I'm very tempted by this. Or should I get a GSX-S1000?
I rode a GSX-S1000 in March for about a week/700 miles. Quality is not as good as the Honda. Ride is not as good. Performance feels largely the same. Riding position largely the same. Engine not so flexible at low revs.

I have little doubt you could be happy with either bike. But I prefer the Honda.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I rode a GSX-S1000 in March for about a week/700 miles. Quality is not as good as the Honda. Ride is not as good. Performance feels largely the same. Riding position largely the same. Engine not so flexible at low revs.

I have little doubt you could be happy with either bike. But I prefer the Honda.
Thanks for that. Always useful to listen to someone who has done decent mileage on both.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Called Honda corporate and unfortunately as suspected they don’t have any info available.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I test rode both the Suzuki and the Honda. The Suzuki put a grin on my face within the first 100m, and I know it would have tempted me into doing some Very Bad Things. A brilliant bike for not much money, easy to ride, and a real blast. I loved it.

But...

The Honda had very similar performance, its styling and finish were in another league entirely, and I sensed it had some hidden depths to its behaviour that would keep me interested longer.

I can't be certain about the Suzuki, but I was right about the Honda. I'm still engaged with the bike, still learning about it. Still excited to ride it.

Two years in, that's pretty good I think.

·
Registered
2021 CB1000R ABS BLACK EDITION
8 Posts
I'm getting my 🖤 beast next weekend 🏍😁 had the 09 cb1r for 12 years (the bike I said I'd never sell!!) until I spotted the black edition in colwyn bay honda was tempted by another white + but the black just has it 😜🏍🖤🏁
The black looks cool - But I did see some white bikes that people picked up and then painted / decal over it and they looked fantastic too , thats if you want to go that route. Check some white bikes with decals. It looks good too.

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000R; 2018 CBR1000RR SP
22 Posts
Has anyone bought any 2021 CB's yet in the US ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I saw somewhere (SW-Motech website) that the 2021 model is an SC80 platform.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My local dealer has one arriving in early July.
When questioned about destination charge (shown in Honda website as $450), he said that number was for early 2021. Destination charge is now $995.
ha ha ... this is the wrong time to buy a bike.

US economy is picking up but supply-chains are still broken; so, it's a seller's market. I'm not in a rush; besides, I still have two CBR's.;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts