Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a deposit down for a Black Edition at my local dealer in Tennessee. It showed an Aug 9 shipping date originally but that changed to Aug 23. The sales guy showed me this in his system which also included the dealerships cost for it ($11,784). Has anyone gotten theirs yet in the US?

·
Registered
167 Posts
No issue to get a 21 black in Canada, we're usually the ones have highest difficulty getting stuff.

It's relieving to see someone in the US having an issue and it's not always us. Honda is always an issue I have no idea what's going on with them, and the CB is by far the hardest bike to deal with. I had to wait months to get a gas tank and a few parts after my wife tipped it over. I could of easily gotten CBR parts and in fact I did get a few CBR parts that happened to fit my CB. (This was like 4 years ago so well before shortages.)

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I’m new to the CB world. I’ve had 3 CBRs, my current 2015 1000 I’m trying to sell at the moment, but I’m very excited about the Black Edition. It will be here, I’m not worried about that. It does seem like there isn’t a lot out there for the CBs from what I’ve seen as far as aftermarket parts and stuff. That’s a little concerning but thankfully the black edition doesn’t look like it needs much, just a full exhaust and a tune.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ya I’m new to the CB world. I’ve had 3 CBRs, my current 2015 1000 I’m trying to sell at the moment, but I’m very excited about the Black Edition. It will be here, I’m not worried about that. It does seem like there isn’t a lot out there for the CBs from what I’ve seen as far as aftermarket parts and stuff. That’s a little concerning but thankfully the black edition doesn’t look like it needs much, just a full exhaust and a tune.
The CB is an amazing bike the MT10 is too space ship looking. The new one has great tech and a few small updates makes the 21 a real sweet bike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it pretty comfy compared to the CBR? I’ve had CBRs since 2006 and I’m just ready for something more comfy.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Is it pretty comfy compared to the CBR? I’ve had CBRs since 2006 and I’m just ready for something more comfy.
Comfort is not even in the same league.

One is faster one is more comfy but you gain more comfort and usability than you lose in power so the CB is a win win. People buy CBR because it'd "cooler" in a lot of cases. If you have access to a track the CBR would be a better bike but on the street the CB is hard to beat

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a deposit down for a Black Edition at my local dealer in Tennessee. It showed an Aug 9 shipping date originally but that changed to Aug 23. The sales guy showed me this in his system which also included the dealerships cost for it ($11,784). Has anyone gotten theirs yet in the US?
I put a deposit down in mid July and picked mine up today. While looking for one, I had to call several dealers before I was able to find one that wasn't already spoken for. Most dealers had one scheduled to come in, one of the larger dealerships had two. In my area at least, there won't be very many of these running around.

At the time I put the deposit down, I was told the bike would be here Sept 30th. At some point in early August, my salesperson messaged me to inform that the delivery date was moved up to Aug 30th. However, Aug 30th came and went with no sign of the bike. It finally showed up at the dealer on Sept 24th. My sales person mentioned that as soon as the bike was put on the showroom floor, everyone commented on how good it looked and to call them if the sale fell through. I paid MSRP and was glad that the dealership did not try to charge any additional markup given the supply issues.

The bike looks even better in person than it does in pics. Seating position is super comfortable and the bike just goes where you point it.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dealership had 5 in stock and just brought mine home the other day. Tremendous bike and huge difference in handling from Gen 1 & Gen 2 VMaxes that I owned. Doesn't have 180 hp of latest Max but much lighter so feels just as quick. My 2nd new Honda (had 83 Sabre V4 750) and build quality on both excellent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts